All reviews recommend this hotel next morning front desk sleep property beds
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

The hotel was in a great location only an easy 20~ minutes from the beach! The kids and I were traveling for a soccer torunament so price and location were important. Fast food and family style restaurants were close by. Nate was great at check in and all the staff was friendly.

The only thing was that maybe the hotel was at capacity. The pool had maybe 8 people in it and it seemed full, gym had 2 treadmills (full in the morning when I wanted to use) and a rack of free weights. The washers and dryers were being used (for hours) when I needed to use them. My daughter told house keeping we didn’t need service so when we got back to the room, I just asked for extra towels. I had to bring my dirty ones back down (not an issue, just unusual) because there was “no washer available”. Hot breakfast buffet was great but, food ran out quickly and the replenishing wasn’t efficient at all.

It just seemed a little under equipped for capacity crowds. I think it would e been fine were there not so many people. But shouldn’t that be their time to shine?

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Jimmy K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chesapeake - Norfolk, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Dear treshellm,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such detailed feedback about your stay. I am very sorry to hear that several things throughout your stay did not meet your expectations. Please note that your concerns have been passed on to our management team. We do hope you give us another chance as we will definitely improve our services.

Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

Arrived late and Myles at the front desk was friendly and courteous. He got our 3 rooms checked in quickly.
Our rooms were great, well appointed and very clean. Breakfast was good too.
All in all we had a pleasant stay and it started with Myles and his friendly attitude.
Family friendly and a nice place to stay.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear JSH_967,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We will let Myles know that you were pleased with his service. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 July 2018

Stopped here during a college visit / beach getaway trip to the area. Really comfortable hotel - nice breakfast, nice beds, fun pool for the kids (and this dad). Try the Kabob place around the corner for great food!
Would return and recommend!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Jimmy K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chesapeake - Norfolk, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Dear AF_Travellers,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would recommend us to a friend. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Fantastic location to restraints, shopping and late-night eating. The hotel is beautiful!! The staff is absolutely wonderful. EVERYONE was so helpful and kind. There is a 24 hr laundry and a super cool pool. There are quite a few hotels in the area, but this place appeared to be the best for the price.

Room Tip: The some of the ceilings in the 2nd floor rooms were kind of short (6'5'' and over look out!)
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Jimmy K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chesapeake - Norfolk, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear Roberyam,

Wow! What a wonderful review, we truly appreciate your business and your trust in us. I am very happy to hear that our staff and service met your needs and expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 12 June 2018

I messed up the reservation. Called in a panic and the front desk staff fixed it for me. Got a King Bed with a pull out sofa. Note: These type of beds are great for children, not grown adults. Next morning, sore back and I went to front desk. Asked if there was any way to move to a room with two beds, for myself and elderly father. Sure, was the answer from the front desk team member. Both rooms were great, bright, clean, fully stocked with items for use. Location was an easy on and easy off of the main highway. I liked the modern look and feel to the decorations. There is an out door pool for children and your family. Business desk tops with printer in front lobby. Be sure to ask for Kyle Sether. He is the Front Desk Supervisor, and he will ensure that you have a great stay. He helped me out several times, on the phone and in person. Five star service at a five star property.

Room Tip: Book direct. Third party may or may not help you cancel. And you can join the Holiday Inn family of hotels and earn points.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank MikeDavis1959
Jimmy K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chesapeake - Norfolk, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Dear MikeDavis1959,

Thank you for your kind review! We truly appreciate your kind words about our staff. It's definitely a boost for us every time we hear positive reviews such as this. We will be sure to let Kyle know that he made an impact during your stay. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon!