See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 June 2018

I travel to the Portsmouth Chesapeake area on work related business and have stayed in several hotels in this area. The Extended Stay in Chesapeake is my first choice, the rooms are clean and the front desk clerk Kelly is always most helpfull

Stayed: June 2018
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Thanks for choosing to stay Extended Stay America. We are delighted to read you were impressed with your room and the friendly service provided our front desk staff. We will share your compliments with them. We appreciate your business, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

We have been here 3 weeks, maybe 2 more to go.....waiting on closing of our house.
The staff here has gone above and beyond for us!!!!!!!!!
They are absolutely the best!!!!!!
Kelly is “100%” THE BEST!!!!!!!!!
I kept her very busy besides normal hotel needs with copying, faxing and other various requests!!!!!
What a doll!!!!
Shout out to James, Kendall and Roberto also!!!!!!!

Lee Ann Graham and family and our 2 schnauzers!!!!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Lee, thank you for choosing Extended Stay America and sharing your experience. We’re thrilled to know you and your family are enjoying your stay with us and that the service provided by our staff has made your visit a memorable one so far. We look forward to sharing your compliments with our team. Thanks again for including us in your travel plans. We can’t wait to welcome you back.

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

Excellent stay.
The front desk workers thomasine and Wesley were excellent.I will definitely stay again. the rooms were great customer service was exceptional and I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone. If I needed anything all I had to do was call the front desk and it was taken care of. Housekeeping was great my whole stay was just a pleasurable experience

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Lambert, thanks for sharing highlights of your recent visit to Extended Stay America. We are thrilled to know everything went great during your stay and that our excellent service made for a memorable experience. Thank you once more for recognizing our hard work, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 8 April 2018

You really can't beat this price. Even though it wasn't the best experience I've ever had, any issues that I did have, the staff was very accommodating. Be prepared to make your own breakfast if you want something of substance and request a double or king if you want a full sized refrigerator. It's located by tons of stores and restaurants though so cooking isn't necessary if that's not your thing, it's literally totally convenient to everything. I wouldn't mind staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Christena, thanks for sharing your feedback. We are glad you liked our location and we met almost all of your expectations. We hope to welcome you both back soon when in the area.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

I know the old addage you get what you pay for, but come on Extended Stay. Really? I booked a room for 6 nights for 4 people. The website says there are dishes, pots, pans, flatware, etc in the rooms. There is even a placard inside the cabinet listing the inventory that SHOULD be in the room. We were told at the front desk that they no longer put dishes in the rooms, but there is a list of what they have available and IF we need anything to call the front desk. Okay, I'm standing at the front desk. Why can't I tell you what I need? The list of available options is posted right there in front of me. Oh well. We go to the room and I call down to the front desk asking for a coffee pot, colander, cutting board, pot, pan, spatula, dish drying rack, and 4 each of bowls, cups, plates, knife, spoon, and fork. Also we had 4 bath towels in the room, but only 2 wash cloths, so I asked for 2 more wash cloths. I had already been told that to get a clean towel or wash cloth I would need to take a dirty one to the front desk and exchange it for a clean one.

Here's where it gets uncomfortable. I was told that since the hotel is full, we could only get 2 cups, plates, forks, spoons, etc, AND they would TRY to find 2 more wash cloths. WHAT??? Do, I reiterated that there are 4 of us registered to the room and we would all like to be able to wash. The bathroom could use a good scrub. The base of the tub is grimey.

Also, we would like to eat with having to do so in shifts. We finally got an additional 2 plates, cups, flatware, etc. We went to Walmart and purchased our own wash cloths and towels. And let me not forget, when attempting to log onto their WiFi with the code they gave me I got an error message. I went to the front desk only to be told they have had several complaints, but because they are full their WiFi may not be able to connect.

All together we will be here 10 nights because my daughter will be coming in and staying 4 nights after my 6 nights. This is going to be a looonnnggg stay. We are here for a religious holiday observation and will be attending service every day. We choose this hotel because we wanted to be able to cook to save money. In total we will be paying about $900 which is not a king's ransom, but it's also not a drop in the bucket. This will be our last stay here. We were also told there would be a grab-and-go breakfast of muffins, oatmeal, coffee, and tea. Well. There's coffee and tea, oatmeal and grits packets. No muffins, which due to our religious observation we will not be able to eat after the 1st night, but it would have been nice to actually see what is promoted.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Dr. Ama, thank you for being our guest. Please accept our sincere apologies for the problems you encountered and the inconvenience they caused. You deserved a clean, comfortable and stress-free stay, and we did not live up to your expectations. We have discussed your feedback with the concerned teams to prevent these issues from reoccurring. Also, we are sorry that you were unhappy with our hotel policies. We hope you and your family will consider giving us a second chance to provide the hospitality you deserve.