All reviews front desk chesapeake greenbrier special shout hot and cold items oatmeal breakfast was delicious awesome stay excellent customer service first morning room was clean and comfortable free breakfast cleaning staff exercise room convenient location enjoyed my stay va beach staff was friendly
Reviewed 3 November 2015

To bring with, the moment we entered the hotel, we were greeted by Raven. What a joy! She is professional, but so pleasant, funny and let me know if everything is good. The room was ok. It was clean, but to me, needs updating. It felt old. Those things they call pillows need to be gone and the mattress was uncomfortable. Please replace the rusted soap holder in the shower and put a night light in the bathroom.

Room Tip: Try to get on room on the top floor so no one is above you.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Penny_Hunt, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2015

Hello Valued customer,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. We will be sure to share you compliments with Raven at the front desk, she is truly an asset our hotel. We also appreciate your suggestions for items the that needed some attention. Please know that our team has been notified so that these areas will be addressed promptly.

We are pleased to announce that a full renovation is scheduled to begin at our hotel fourth quarter of this year and will represent one of Marriott's most newest packages. He hope that you will be able to come back to see see all the new updates and designs.

We would like you to know that we truly value your business and we thank you for choosing our hotel. We hope to see you again soon!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 1 November 2015

Springhill Suites Chesapeake Greenbrier was recommended to us by the groom when we came to town for the wedding with friends a night earlier than originally expected and needed a place to stay for the night. We looked online and decided to stay based on pictures of the property and rate. Check in was a breeze thanks to the Marriott mobile app. We came in after midnight and everything was ready for us when we got there, which was great after an 11 hour trip. Terrence at the front desk was warm and welcoming and more than willing to help with anything we needed! Can’t say enough about him! He is so customer service oriented and an asset to the team at this location! The room was large and comfortable for our group of 4 and were as pictured on the website. The microwave and fridge were nice to have. My only complaint is that there wasn’t a restaurant on the property and though there many restaurants in the immediate area, there were none within easy walking distance at that time of night. I went to the lobby to see if they had anything available and found they had Marie Callender's frozen meals available for a whopping $7! Sorry, but I’m not about to spend $7 on something I could buy at the grocery store for less than $2! Hungry or not!

We turned in and found the actual beds to be comfortable, though the pull out couch was a bit sunken in in the middle when pulled out into a bed and our friend who slept on it said it wasn’t very comfortable. That is probably to be expected of a pull out bed though. The property was quiet and we were not disturbed by other guests in the hallway or in nearby rooms.

Two of us woke up in time to catch the free breakfast and luckily made it in time as they started to tear down the station shortly after we arrived and well before the time we were told when checking in. This was disappointing to our friends, especially because we got in so late and were all so hungry when we woke up. Breakfast was as to be expected. Nothing fancy but enough options to please almost everybody and to fill you up until your next meal. All of the staff we encountered in the morning were very welcoming and always made sure to ask if there was anything they could do for us. Checkout was a breeze, again thanks to the mobile app! Property was great for what we needed it for and would stay there again if we were in the area!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 October 2015

I usually don't do reviews because I don't have the extra time on my hands, but because I didn't want the hardwork of the employees to go unnoticed (Especially Terrence) I made it my business to do one this time. Beautiful hotel, though I think things are slightly falling apart. I called down to the front desk because I was having problems with the A/C unit in our room, they sent someone up to look at it but we were still having problems. So later on that day I called down to the front desk and a sweet heart by the name Terrence picked up. He listened and actually showed he cared by presenting different options for my A/C frustration. He then moved us to another room and made sure it was not to far away from the original because we had a TON of stuff. We then had another A/C issue with the new room, so Terrence came up to the room himself and tried to figure out what the issue was. He never changed his energy, was always beautiful in spirit, laughing and trying to make light of the situation for us. He explained to us that we wouldn't hear the conditioning unit, but put his hand up to the vent and said that the hot air was coming out and to give it time to heat up. Eventually like he said the room did heat up. He called to check up on us to see if the room was comfortable and he even offered us more help by stating, If we needed anything else just call down. Everyone else in the hotel were very pleasant too, everyone seems to love their job, but Terrence needs to be recognized for all his handwork because I know it doesn't stop here with me and my family, he has the attitude and energy that makes you know he's like that with everyone. I talked to him for a while one night he was working the late night shift and to my amazement he's also very intelligent! smh he needs to be promoted because he's a keeper. Great job to all the staff because everyone did phenomenal, just get those A/C units fixed please :)

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2015 via mobile

From pull up to check in my experience here was first rate. I had completed mobile check in so in a matter of 10 minutes I was in the door, unpacked from my vehicle and in my room. The rooms are large and spacious and the amenities are great. I had a special request of the Lead Engineer Anthony to help me with some sports equipment and he didn't bat an eye. He helped me and was courteous and kind, Anthony is the sort of employee that keeps me coming back to Marriott properties.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 September 2015 via mobile

This hotel was great for what we needed...mainly a place to lay our heads. The elevators were pretty slow, but that wasn't a big deal. Breakfast was great but it got old after 4 days (but hard to complain about a free full breakfast).

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family