Shore Acres Inn & Restaurant
North Hero House(North Hero)
Hotels.com
All reviewslake champlainadirondack chairstennis courtssimpler timesworth the trippot roastevery summergreen mountainshousekeeping stafflonger stayfilet mignonbreakfast was includedmain buildingrooms are spaciouslawncroquetlakeside
Reviewed 7 November 2017

This place is just a gem in a quiet, peaceful, beautiful spot in Vermont. The rooms are simple with enough space to feel homey, but well done. The bathrooms are a bit small, but have what is needed. There are golf clubs to rent, if you want to work on your game or two Har-tru tennis courts to play on, if you want to work that angle. The restaurant is great, dishes are well thought out for flavor and nice presentation too. The wine list is quite sufficient to offer something for everyone, but they can also make any cocktail you wish. If you want peace and quiet to recoup, recover or just enjoy, then this is a place to savor that time. Being on Lake Champlain is just wonderful and you get to see some gorgeous sunrises over the lake. They are dog friendly.

Room Tip: I would choose the two outside corner rooms, as they have a small deck that you can enjoy and you only have one neighbor.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2017

My room was in the annex, not the main section. (Guests in the main section seemed to have a better experience)
First, musty stairwell. Then upstairs to room with noisy air conditioner. Not a great bed.
Good deck outside but limited view of the water but you can't sleep on the deck
Dark path back to the room after dinner.
No real lounge to mingle with our tour group
Restaurant was pretty good

Room Tip: The main building should be better. Avoid the annex
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and I rented a house in the area. We wanted to find a nice restaurant to have dinner. We saw the description of the restaurant at Shore Acres and decided to give it a try. We were not disappointed. The view of Lake Champlain from our table was beyond great. We ordered appetizers ..... mussels and coconut shrimp both were superb. The salads then arrived. I have never gone crazy about a salad before. Both my wife and I have to say that the salads were by far the best we have ever had. A few days later and we are still talking about our salads. Our dinners were also great. My wife had a pot roast special and I opted for the fillet mignon. Both were great! We highly recommend this restaurant. Once again the salad was amazing! Our waitress, and service, was also superb.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wheelz_cape
Reviewed 29 September 2017

I am giving this Inn 4 Stars due ONLY to its location on beautiful Lake Champlain and the Lake View from the Waterside Chairs and Lawn. The Inn was nicely located on the Island. The other amenities were below par. This picturesque Inn located on Lake Champlain was a throw back of the "drive-up" Motor Inns of my childhood. Our group of 8 (4 couples) stayed only one night in this quaint place and were mostly very pleased, but there were some issues. We booked our 4 rooms 6 months ahead, informing the Booking Person that our group would like to be assigned rooms as close to one another as possible. The Inn has 23 rooms, with 4 rooms being in an Annex building located a good walk from both the Restaurant, other rooms, and the Waterfront of Lake Champlain. Unfortunately our group was not together as our room was in the separate building, located away from the main Inn. That was a disappointment and the clerk did not seem to be concerned, even after I made reference of how many months our rooms had been booked and paid for. In fairness, we knew our room assignments (#'s) upon booking but were NOT informed that one of the rooms would be in a separate building. We assumed all 23 rooms were in the same building. The rooms were very dated, both in furnishings and fixtures (bathroom, lamps, bed). We ate Dinner in the Restaurant and it was average at best and a bit pricey. The complimentary breakfast was also average. The rooms were clean. The price of the room, as it compared to some of the other Inns we had stayed in during our 9 days in Vermont and New York was a bit above average. The "saving grace" for Shore Acres is definitely the Water View. I would recommend this Inn but ONLY if you verify that your room assignment is in the Main Building. There is a very small and distant view of the waterfront from the "out building", or at least from the room we stayed in, and we were disappointed. Additionally the price per night was the same for a "like room" in the Main Building as it was for a room in the "out building."

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

I came to Vermont for a friend's wedding and stayed at the Shore Acres Inn. The owners and staff were very welcoming; from the booking, to accommodating my late arrival to making my stay extremely relaxing. Every person that I met was friendly and helpful. Breakfast is included in the stay and was very good each morning. If you're looking for food mid-day, you'll have to travel to find it (I went, by recommendation, to the Hero's Welcome down the road about a mile. There is plenty to do throughout the day: water activities, tennis, golf, croquet, walks, or just relaxing on the lawn with a good book. Dinner is served in the dining room each evening, but I'd be sure to make a reservation, as guests arrive from all over to have a delicious meal.

My room was small but worked out perfectly for a solo traveler. Many of the other rooms were much more spacious and would accommodate a larger (than 1) party. The room was very clean and the staff made sure to check in daily for any needs. I can't end this review without talking about the breathtaking views of the lake. The property is right on the lake and you can't find a prettier sight around! It brightened my day each time I opened my door! I will definitely be visiting again and telling all my friends about my stay at the Shore Acres Inn!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo