“Great pupu chicken”
Review of Island Grinds

Island Grinds
Ranked #17 of 30 Quick Bites in St. George
Reviewed 31 May 2018

I had a colleague recommend Island Grinds in the shopping center with Albertsons across from the Zions Bank on Sunset Boulevard. Great $5 specials every day! Otai only available on Fridays

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 27 December 2017

While looking for a place to eat for lunch, I ran across Island Grinds on the map and checked out the ratings. I figured we had to try it out, Hawaiian food in St George, really? All I can say is don't let the lack of decor scare you away, the food is wonderful. My wife and I split the 3 meat platter so we got the Pupu chicken, garlic shrimp and kalua pork. It came with the mac salad and 2 scoops of white sticky rice. When I got called to pick it up at the counter, I was shocked at how much food it was for how little we had paid. Needless to say, we finished it all somehow. Neither of us could stop eating and we were totally stuffed when we left. I really felt like I was in Hawaii, it was that good,

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

This is the best Teriaki chicken ever! It's a small place that really knows how to cook! The staff is friendly and the restaurant is not fancy, but who cares when the food is so good!

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

My family and I absolutely love this place. The food is AMAZING, and the girl at the front that always helps us is wonderful! Every time we make a trip to St George we have to eat here every day. The rice and macaroni salad are great sides to the meal. My favorite is the pupu chicken, however I've never been disappointed with anything. In fact, I'm getting so hungry just writing this review! Go eat there! Especially if you live in the area. I drive 3 hours to get here for a meal!

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 18 April 2017

The lemon pepper, kalua pork, and pupu chicken were just so-so but the teriyaki chicken is always delicious. I quite enjoy the macaroni salad and the rice with sweet soy sauce that is served with it.

Date of visit: March 2017