All reviews hobby airport nice hotel cleaning staff staff was very friendly and helpful excellent stay clear lake lots of restaurants the johnson space center short drive great place to stay clean rooms would definitely stay here again free breakfast waffles beds nasa firmness
Reviewed 1 May 2018

Please note that this hotel is undergoing some renovations. As far as I can tell nothing major just some tidying up (painting, clearing of furniture, etc.).

Upon arriving to check-in staff was attentive and friendly.

There should be plenty of parking for all, we were able to find parking each time we returned. Key cards worked for opening all doors (side door, room). AC worked really well, the room was set at 70 upon arriving so we didn't need to fuss with it until later in our stay but worked wonderfully. Room was spotless.

We requested a room with a tub, we would have been happy if there were an option for a tub/shower but from what I gathered at the desk these are few and far and not exactly available these days. So we were given an accessible/handicapped room. I felt bad to be honest, because it's not entirely fair in the event someone needed that room. Shower leaked a little each use. Tub was alright but fairly small. There were plenty of clean, fresh towels available for our stay.

There is a refrigerator but it wasn't cooling at all. In fact, it made an annoying buzzing sound every so often and kept me awake a good while the first night. Hopefully it will be tossed, if not fixed and replaced if need be. There is also a microwave, which we did not use it. As well as a keurig, with a very odd and limited amount of pods.

Lastly, I don't know who buys the mattresses for this location but we ended up with a very hard bed. We initially thought the bed was just two box springs with plywood on top. That is how uncomfortable the bed was. The first night we knew it was uncomfortable but after the second night my whole body was sore all over. I decided to inspect the bed. Found out that mattress we had was missing it's pillow top. The faux fur or whatever it was could be seen and felt beneath the sheet. That's sad, I would have hated to be handicapped and have been placed in that room. Which by the way was room 218. Steer clear unless you like a stone bed, like the Flintstones.

For breakfast, if you wish to eat at the Hotel you can but it will cost you around $11 per person. We didn't bother, we bought our food elsewhere. No clue how much dinner is. Perhaps there should be a second option, one for say $6 with just some basics (eggs, bacon/sausage, waffles, fruit or yogurt option). This location also lacks an area to purchase any sort of snacks at any given time. They just had candy bars for $3 a pop and these weren't even the king size.

Lastly upon checking out when asked how our stay was I did tell the staff at the desk about the bed. They didn't have much to say on the subject. Which is a shame.

Overall, this place is okay. It's not out of this world and lacks comfort where comfort is necessary (at least room 218 did). If given the chance to stay here again, I would consider it but it would not be my first choice.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Diana C
chelsea J, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Houston / Clear Lake / NASA, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we are very sorry we did not exceed your expectations. Your comments will help us as we continually work to improve our guest experience. Please contact me direct at the email or phone number below if there is anything else we can do for you at this time. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future. Our goal is to make your stay better and brighter. If something isn't just the way you like it, simply let any Team Member know, and we will make it right.

Reviewed 28 April 2018

We were staying here the night before leaving on a cruise so it was only one night. The hotel staff were all so sweet. Everything was clean and the bed was comfortable. Didn't use the pool but the area was nice.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
chelsea J, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Houston / Clear Lake / NASA, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the hotel and staff to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future. Our goal is to make your stay better and brighter. If something isn't just the way you like it, simply let any Team Member know, and we will make it right.

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

This hotel lobby was recently updated. It is very clean and nice. The bar is friendly. The beds are hard.
The staff is always kind and friendly. It is updated with digital key entry
It is conveniently located near Bay Brook Mall and I 45. Not far from attractions like NASA and Too Golf

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

Reviewed 27 April 2018

It’s a quaint hotel which is an hour away from George Bush Intercontinental airport. The staff always has a warm smile to greet you, the rooms are clean and even has a microwave. I only hope they would have more selection in their breakfast menu, but overall, i had a nice stay!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
chelsea J, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Houston / Clear Lake / NASA, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

Reviewed 17 April 2018

The staff is wonderful. They go over and beyond for guests. The room was so fresh and relaxing. The beds were very comfortable. Now the breakfast was amazing. The cheff did a great job. I will be back.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Staci D
chelsea J, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Houston / Clear Lake / NASA, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018