Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews guest house off the charts perfect location property bend
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 June 2021

We have traveled to many amazing destinations and stayed at some wonderful places, but this is a one-of-a-kind. My husband and I loved our time at Big Bend NP and the Guest House. It was uniquely designed, eclectic, had the most incredible views, and provided the opportunity for us to disconnect from the craziness of the outside world, reconnect with one another, and find an inner peace. Magical. Cynta has created a place that is a blessing to all those who pass through. After three days celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary in May, we are hooked. A return trip is already planned for January.

Date of stay: May 2021
1  Thank MissouriMickey4
Reviewed 15 May 2019

Eight of us hard-working Texas women, (ages 36 thru 68!) spent a week in Terlingua throughly enthralled with the Chihuahaun Desert climate and scenery as viewed from the Villa Terlingua, our "home away from home". We arranged to have both the Main House and the Guest House. Each place met our expectations and then some! Both were perfectly lovely. Comfortable & convenient to all we had come to do: Walking & Hiking, Visiting & Touring the Big Bend Nat'l Park, Attending Live Music at the Starlight, etc,etc. We especially loved preparing meals together in the well-provisioned kitchens. And the bathrooms were divine with clawfoot tubs and showers...indoor and outdoor! I must add: the Beds were All Very Compfortable!
The owner/concierge,Cynta certainly made us feel welcome by attending to all our needs promptly and offering us insider-type info about the area. From my bed in the Guest House, I was awakened by Spectacular Sunrises over the mountains. (My choice: I could've closed the curtains!) The Wrap Around Porch and Each of the Patios made Outside Living easy and enticing! (Perhaps we were a little too exhuberant outside ...chatting and giggling. We were politely reprimanded by the owner. For any trouble we may have caused her or others, we were and are deeply apologetic.) If you desire a place to stay while you explore this amazing desert area, Villa Terlingua surely is the best! All 8 of us highly recommend Villa Terlingua and do plan on returning with our families & other friends.

Room tip: Renting two? Maybe Main & Blue Houses, being shortest distance from one another and across the driveway with shared parking.
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 May 2019 via mobile

We stayed in this beautiful place while visiting Big Bend National Park. It was amazing. One night we slept outside in the bed on the patio. The sky is so black and clear that we saw stars up close. We even saw the Milky Way; a first for us. The hammock was the perfect spot for a nap. The sunrise from the porch was breathtaking. Wow!!

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Cyntad4, Owner at Villa Terlingua, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2019

Thank you! I'm so glad you love Big Bend.
Cynta

Reviewed 3 May 2019

We stayed in the Blue House, and the first two days were fine, except for: the completely random, and uncontrollable, temperature of the shower, the barely adequate air conditioning, and the very dim living/kitchen area lighting. Then a large group (I dubbed them the hyena pack) moved into the other house on the property, and partied continuously out on their porch. Their porch was less than 50 feet from our patio and bedroom window, so we had no peace at our place at all, and we left a day earlier than originally planned as a result. Cynta, the proprietor, is very nice, but completely failed us in not enforcing her rule of no parties.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ron K
VillaTerlingua, Owner at Villa Terlingua, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2019

Ron, Oh my gosh, I am sorry you had such a bad experience. So much of this could have been remedied, if you had communicated with me. I came by to talk to you several times and my texts went unanswered. No one else has complained about these things so I had no idea there was a problem. You initially had a problem turning the air conditioner on, but once I showed you how, was there still a problem? If I had known the lighting was bad, I would have gotten you stronger light bulbs. The water heater is a tankless, propane hot water heater, slightly different from the regular variety but it works perfectly and I thought you knew you were in an off-grid, hand built home.
As for the partiers, they were loud. Absolutely, and I came out three times in three nights to ask them to quiet down and they did. They were contrite. When I offered to move you to a quieter house and foot the bill myself, you never answered back. That is why I thought it was fair to return your final night as you had left early. Also, Ron, I would never scream at my guests. I asked them to be quiet and they were.
I regret these things happened during your stay.
Cynta

Reviewed 22 February 2019

My friend and I stayed at Villa Terlingua again this year. Wonderful as always. So great to see our hostess, Cynta and host, Baxter. Was made to feel at home. Very close to the park so we could hike during the day and come back 'home' to relax each evening. Cynta goes above and beyond to give you tidbits of information to help in your tours and stay.

Room tip: Quaint homes of different sizes for rent.
Date of stay: February 2019