Review Highlights
Highly experienced and fun tour guide!

Highly recommend a tour with Chris at Get Lost Tours! He has vast knowledge of the area, history... read more

Reviewed yesterday
AlyssaMichelleS
Adventure!!!

Our day of adventure with Chris in BBNP was terrific. The moment we got into Chris' Jeep, he told... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
IraM476

All reviews great hike off road flora and fauna an excellent guide wealth of knowledge big bend national park chris rv bbnp interests ernst coyote vehicle highlights petroglyphs adventure jeep
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 October 2021

Chris is knowledgable, pleasant, flexible and genuine. He clearly loves West Texas and Big Bend, infusing everything he describes with great enthusiasm. We were very lucky to have somewhat stumbled upon Chris and his company, Get Lost Tours. A great experience and at a very reasonable price. Tara and Terry

Date of experience: October 2021
getlosttours, Your personal guide at Get Lost Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2021

Thank you both. I had a great time meeting and sharing the day, and a lil' bit of this place with you. Get in touch when you make it back this way. We will visit some more of the Big Big Bend!

Reviewed 16 July 2021

Our guide, Chris -- at present the sole proprietor of Get Lost Tours -- was the best thing about our daylong Jeep tour of Big Bend National Park. Although my husband is a Texan (we both live in NYC now), it took Chris and his passion for the Far West Texas landscape, culture, geology and history to ignite that interest in us. Instead of driving us through 800,000 acres of desert, Chris asked and listened to our interests. He turned the Big Bend into a wonderland of color, blooming flowers (there had been a lot of rain) and wildlife, pointing out birds overhead and calling out names of peaks. He made us get out of the Jeep to look at dinosaur fossils (an excellent NPS display), hike across the low-flowing Rio Grande to get on a 1/4 mile trail up Sta Elena Canyon and just stop and listen. We screeched to a halt to watch a mother coyote and her cub cross the road, saw grander vistas than any Wild West movie and took home a bit of his 'get lost and live off the grid' spirit that will never leave us. Thankyou, Chris!

Date of experience: July 2021
getlosttours, Your personal guide at Get Lost Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2021

It was my absolute pleasure. If ever you wish to visit my lil' neck o' the woods a second time, I will be more than happy to share a day or two with you both again. "Cheers! to Kyle & Ron!"

Reviewed 8 June 2021

My husband and I had a great time touring Big Bend with Chris last week. He was very cool and so much fun. It was our first time in Big Bend, and Chris gave us a fantastic introduction of the area. He customized the experience for us, as we have certain mobility issues (bad knees, etc!) We were able to go back on our own the next day and do several hikes and felt totally comfortable. Thank you, Chris, for an amazing, fun tour!

Date of experience: May 2021
getlosttours, Your Big Bend Guide at Get Lost Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2021

It was my absolute pleasure! Say hello, next time or anytime. :)

Reviewed 2 June 2021

What an incredible experience we had with Chris touring Big Bend last week. I knew he was the guy from the second I found him online and saw the reviews for him here on Tripadvisor. When we spoke on the phone, I could tell this was not going to be some canned trek around the park. He was extremely personable and laid back, someone I felt like I could hang out with. A cool breeze. He asked what we were wanting to see/do, trying to personalize our experience as much as possible. He was also very accommodating and open to whatever, a flexibility that made things feel freeform and fun. No hurry or deadlines. When we finally met up with him, he did not disappoint. Chris is authentic, the real deal. A local who loves what he does and is passionate about the park, its wildlife and is also a wealth of knowledge about the area and its history. He has lived in the area for over 20 years. Everywhere we went, someone knew him and stopped to say hello. We all instantly loved him, even the kids were interested and asking questions (they enjoyed him so much they left their own reviews here as well). It felt like you could ask him anything, it did not feel like a tour at all. One thing I would suggest is to make sure and do the 6 hour park tour. There is so much to see, time flew right by.

This is not a company, this is one man doing what he loves. I think that was the aspect we loved most. And not only did we have a truly epic day, we also made a new friend. Keep on doing what you do Chris, stay true and thank you for touching us all with your genuine kindness and a beautiful experience. One we will never forget.

Date of experience: May 2021
getlosttours, Yep... Its me :) at Get Lost Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2021

I honestly don't know what to say. Dan & the clan (Shelly, Bum<Blakely>, Peyton, and Dax), , , I love yall. Keep being who you are, an I'll keep bein' the same. Lil' FYI... its rainin' in the desert, right now! Thank you. ;)

Reviewed 29 May 2021

My family and I did a tour with Chris today and had the most amazing time! We had never been here before and Chris’s knowledge of the area, geology, and history was outstanding! He guided us on an outstanding and beautiful tour and was very accommodating and open for anything. He is the most generous and nice guy ever and his stories and experiences had us in awe. We couldn’t have asked for anything better! Will most definitely be seeing him again next time we are here! Highly, highly recommend! Extremely grateful for him and this experience!

Date of experience: May 2021
getlosttours, Your personal Step-on-Guide at Get Lost Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2021

Keepin' this short & true,
Can't wait to see you,
All again!
Hopin' the rest of your trip was great,
cuz all of yall deserve that fate!

Stay in touch!