Review Highlights
Awesome Tour of Big Bend

Reviewed 7 June 2021
violetwren
Dallas, Texas
The ONLY way to tour Big Bend!

Reviewed 2 June 2021
0h_Dan
Austin, Texas

All reviews great hike off road wealth of knowledge flora and fauna big bend national park big bend area chris rv adventure desert trail ride
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 June 2021

My husband and I had a great time touring Big Bend with Chris last week. He was very cool and so much fun. It was our first time in Big Bend, and Chris gave us a fantastic introduction of the area. He customized the experience for us, as we have certain mobility issues (bad knees, etc!) We were able to go back on our own the next day and do several hikes and felt totally comfortable. Thank you, Chris, for an amazing, fun tour!

Date of experience: May 2021
getlosttours, Your Big Bend Guide at Get Lost Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2021

It was my absolute pleasure! Say hello, next time or anytime. :)

Reviewed 2 June 2021

What an incredible experience we had with Chris touring Big Bend last week. I knew he was the guy from the second I found him online and saw the reviews for him here on Tripadvisor. When we spoke on the phone, I could tell this was not going to be some canned trek around the park. He was extremely personable and laid back, someone I felt like I could hang out with. A cool breeze. He asked what we were wanting to see/do, trying to personalize our experience as much as possible. He was also very accommodating and open to whatever, a flexibility that made things feel freeform and fun. No hurry or deadlines. When we finally met up with him, he did not disappoint. Chris is authentic, the real deal. A local who loves what he does and is passionate about the park, its wildlife and is also a wealth of knowledge about the area and its history. He has lived in the area for over 20 years. Everywhere we went, someone knew him and stopped to say hello. We all instantly loved him, even the kids were interested and asking questions (they enjoyed him so much they left their own reviews here as well). It felt like you could ask him anything, it did not feel like a tour at all. One thing I would suggest is to make sure and do the 6 hour park tour. There is so much to see, time flew right by.

This is not a company, this is one man doing what he loves. I think that was the aspect we loved most. And not only did we have a truly epic day, we also made a new friend. Keep on doing what you do Chris, stay true and thank you for touching us all with your genuine kindness and a beautiful experience. One we will never forget.

Date of experience: May 2021
getlosttours, Yep... Its me :) at Get Lost Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2021

I honestly don't know what to say. Dan & the clan (Shelly, Bum<Blakely>, Peyton, and Dax), , , I love yall. Keep being who you are, an I'll keep bein' the same. Lil' FYI... its rainin' in the desert, right now! Thank you. ;)

Reviewed 29 May 2021

My family and I did a tour with Chris today and had the most amazing time! We had never been here before and Chris’s knowledge of the area, geology, and history was outstanding! He guided us on an outstanding and beautiful tour and was very accommodating and open for anything. He is the most generous and nice guy ever and his stories and experiences had us in awe. We couldn’t have asked for anything better! Will most definitely be seeing him again next time we are here! Highly, highly recommend! Extremely grateful for him and this experience!

Date of experience: May 2021
getlosttours, Your personal Step-on-Guide at Get Lost Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2021

Keepin' this short & true,
Can't wait to see you,
All again!
Hopin' the rest of your trip was great,
cuz all of yall deserve that fate!

Stay in touch!

Reviewed 29 May 2021 via mobile

Chris was absolutely fantastic! He rode with us in our Jeep and we all had a great time. He was very informative and a super cool guy. He made sure we were always doing the right things and keeping us safe. He is a very sweet person and can tell he’s got a big heart, the bond we made in just 8 hours will last for a long time. I cannot wait to come back and go on some more adventures with Chris!

Date of experience: May 2021
getlosttours, Your Brother-Wolf personal Guide at Get Lost Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2021

This was my very first Step-on-Guide tour since starting GLT; And I could not have asked for a better family to share it with! I cannot say enough about the great experience I had with all of them. Suffice it to say... This One is Etched in Stone! Hint-Hint yall

Reviewed 27 May 2021

Chris is knowledgeable reliable and great fun. He is easy to work with to make arrangements. Highly recommend.

Date of experience: May 2021
getlosttours, Your personal guide at Get Lost Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2021

Always feelin' blessed to have found something I really enjoy doing, and being able to keep on doing it. So, Thank You.