Review Highlights
Awesome Tour of Big Bend

My husband and I had a great time touring Big Bend with Chris last week. He was very cool and so... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
violetwren
Dallas, Texas
The ONLY way to tour Big Bend!

What an incredible experience we had with Chris touring Big Bend last week. I knew he was the guy... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
0h_Dan
Austin, Texas

All reviews great hike off road wealth of knowledge flora and fauna big bend national park big bend area chris rv adventure desert trail ride
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I had been to Big Bend several times and wanted to do a hike that we hadn't been able to do before. We hadn't done Ernst Tinaja due to the uncertainty of being able to travel Old Ore Road in our vehicle. We contacted Chris ahead of time and discussed it with him. He was very accommodating! We met at Panther Junction and he got us to the Trailhead in his vehicle, as well as guided us down the canyon. We were able to go further down the canyon than we would have done by ourselves due to his guidance and physical assistance.
He was very knowledgeable about the area, wildlife and geology. We felt totally safe and empowered! And we enjoyed his company during the ride and the hike. We felt his price was more than fair for the time and assistance he gave us.
Looking forward to using his services for future visits!

Date of experience: May 2021
getlosttours, Your personal guide at Get Lost Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

I welcome yall's return! As I said in an email earlier... we made one heck-u-va team! Hope to see yall back soon. I'll be happy to be your guide.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had the most wonderful day touring Big Bend with Chris of Get Lost Tours. We found Chris to be very knowledgable and he is such a great guy to spend the day hanging out with and learning about this great park. We both really appreciated his expertise and knowledge of the area. We ended the day with drinks and a burrito on his front porch. Thanks Chris for a very memorable day.

Date of experience: May 2021

Thank you two! A day not forgotten. From the tour to the burritos I had a great time! If ever you do make it back here, you bettah say Hello!

Reviewed 2 May 2021 via mobile

Don’t miss the opportunity to tour Big Bend with Chris. My husband & I did his Sunday 6 hr. tour of the western side of park including the Santa Elena Canyon hike. He advised us to do the park’s eastern side on our own which we did on Saturday & hiked into Boquillas Canyon.
Chris is congenial, knowledgeable and enthusiastic. It was a pleasure to be with him and we were grateful to have discovered him.

Date of experience: April 2021
getlosttours, Your bbnp guide at Get Lost Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2021

I am grateful to be able to continue doing what I do. And am equally grateful to be able to do it with people such as yourselves. Thank you.

Reviewed 29 April 2021

We did a six hour tour with Chris covering the Big Bend National Park area. My wife had broken her ankle a week earlier and was in a boot. Chris accommodated for our needs perfectly and made it a fabulous experience. His knowledge, background and conversation go way beyond the normal tour guide. His love for this area shines through. When we go back, we'll definitely do his new and upcoming "two day" experience. You can't beat this personal experience. Very highly recommended for anyone.

Date of experience: April 2021
getlosttours, Your guide at Get Lost Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2021

And I will be more than happy to take yall out again. Guests who help to make my choices worthwhile. Thanks yall :)

Reviewed 24 April 2021

We had a fabulous time with Chris! He has an abundance of knowledge about the area, history, foliage, animals, etc. He has a true respect for all of it and examples that respect in how he speaks of and interacts with everything and everyone we encountered.
He was very friendly, down-to-earth and generous with his time and knowledge. We were his first pair of couples riding in his Hummer and everyone fit perfectly. He was happy to stop in our places of interest and take photos of our group.
Chris is funny and had interesting facts and trivia to share. Time flew by! We really appreciate him sharing his local knowledge and that he created a relaxed environment where we could just enjoy the day. He let us set the pace from what we saw to speed and distance of hiking. He is very in tune with those on his tours. We highly recommend him and his tour! Love that he tailored it to our interests. Felt like we've known him for years! Friendly, easy-going and through in his tour. Very much worth the time and money. Two thumbs way up! Would love to take another tour with him if we're in the area again. We learned so much, and Chris made us feel welcomed to the area and like we were friends hanging out while doing and learning so much. It was a super great day! We never would've noticed so much that he pointed out. We feel like we have a good feel for the area, it's natural life, and history. Without him, it would've been a day of driving aimlessly around taking some pics (no Google to help explain anything as Big Bend has zero cell reception). With him, we loved having a purposeful, fun, informative, and relaxed day of enjoying Big Bend. Awesome awesome!

Date of experience: March 2021
getlosttours, Your thankful Guide & friend at Get Lost Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2021

As she stated, they were my first pair of couples. And it was one Great Day! I will happily take them out again. And yep,,, you do have a friend here when you come back! Happy to serve, happy to help, and happy to have gotten to know yall.