Review Highlights
Get Lost Tours Changed Our Lives

Our guide, Chris -- at present the sole proprietor of Get Lost Tours -- was the best thing about... read more

Reviewed 16 July 2021
familytravel4um
New York
Awesome Tour of Big Bend

My husband and I had a great time touring Big Bend with Chris last week. He was very cool and so... read more

Reviewed 7 June 2021
violetwren
Dallas, Texas

All reviews great hike off road wealth of knowledge flora and fauna big bend national park big bend area chris rv adventure desert trail ride
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 May 2021 via mobile

Don’t miss the opportunity to tour Big Bend with Chris. My husband & I did his Sunday 6 hr. tour of the western side of park including the Santa Elena Canyon hike. He advised us to do the park’s eastern side on our own which we did on Saturday & hiked into Boquillas Canyon.
Chris is congenial, knowledgeable and enthusiastic. It was a pleasure to be with him and we were grateful to have discovered him.

Date of experience: April 2021
getlosttours, Your bbnp guide at Get Lost Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2021

I am grateful to be able to continue doing what I do. And am equally grateful to be able to do it with people such as yourselves. Thank you.

Reviewed 29 April 2021

We did a six hour tour with Chris covering the Big Bend National Park area. My wife had broken her ankle a week earlier and was in a boot. Chris accommodated for our needs perfectly and made it a fabulous experience. His knowledge, background and conversation go way beyond the normal tour guide. His love for this area shines through. When we go back, we'll definitely do his new and upcoming "two day" experience. You can't beat this personal experience. Very highly recommended for anyone.

Date of experience: April 2021
getlosttours, Your guide at Get Lost Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2021

And I will be more than happy to take yall out again. Guests who help to make my choices worthwhile. Thanks yall :)

Reviewed 24 April 2021

We had a fabulous time with Chris! He has an abundance of knowledge about the area, history, foliage, animals, etc. He has a true respect for all of it and examples that respect in how he speaks of and interacts with everything and everyone we encountered.
He was very friendly, down-to-earth and generous with his time and knowledge. We were his first pair of couples riding in his Hummer and everyone fit perfectly. He was happy to stop in our places of interest and take photos of our group.
Chris is funny and had interesting facts and trivia to share. Time flew by! We really appreciate him sharing his local knowledge and that he created a relaxed environment where we could just enjoy the day. He let us set the pace from what we saw to speed and distance of hiking. He is very in tune with those on his tours. We highly recommend him and his tour! Love that he tailored it to our interests. Felt like we've known him for years! Friendly, easy-going and through in his tour. Very much worth the time and money. Two thumbs way up! Would love to take another tour with him if we're in the area again. We learned so much, and Chris made us feel welcomed to the area and like we were friends hanging out while doing and learning so much. It was a super great day! We never would've noticed so much that he pointed out. We feel like we have a good feel for the area, it's natural life, and history. Without him, it would've been a day of driving aimlessly around taking some pics (no Google to help explain anything as Big Bend has zero cell reception). With him, we loved having a purposeful, fun, informative, and relaxed day of enjoying Big Bend. Awesome awesome!

Date of experience: March 2021
getlosttours, Your thankful Guide & friend at Get Lost Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2021

As she stated, they were my first pair of couples. And it was one Great Day! I will happily take them out again. And yep,,, you do have a friend here when you come back! Happy to serve, happy to help, and happy to have gotten to know yall.

Reviewed 23 April 2021

Along with the views only seen by an off road tour, Chris provided much knowledge and insight into the area we toured. Highly recommend at least 4 hours.

Date of experience: April 2021
getlosttours, Your Terlingua & Big Bend Guide at Get Lost Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2021

This day was a pleasure! And I would be happy to serve again.

Reviewed 14 April 2021

Had a fantastic day with Chris. He was able to work me into his schedule with very little notice, and tailored the tour to my interests. He is a wealth of knowledge, and a fun person to spend the day with. Highly recommend!

Date of experience: April 2021
getlosttours, Guide at Get Lost Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2021

I had a great time too! Sally, come on back anytime!