Lowest prices for your stay
US$171
View deal
Hotels.com
Expedia
ZenHotels.com
All reviews rabbit long drive off the beaten path thin walls office staff dark sky big bend park nice pool christmas mountain rv sites room was clean and comfortable milky way night skies no frills remote location minute drive rooms are small
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 October 2021

I must admit I did not do a very good job of vetting this place in advance. It is literally out in the middle of nowhere and at the end of a very dusting 3 mile non-paved road. Accommodation itself was okay, but no TV.
I guess that's what I deserved for trying to avoid paying the high cost of lodging within the Big Bend NP.
The guy that runs the place was very nice and understanding when I said we would have to cancel the 2nd nights stay.

Date of stay: October 2021
Reviewed 13 October 2021

I had a good stay here, the cabins are clean and comfortable.

Average day was
Get up and have breakfast
Head out to Big Bend Park and do a couple of hours of hiking
Come back and relax in the pool.
Have supper
Go back to cabin sit outside sipping wine and watching the sun fall.

The restaurant is good, and does a good job. Limited selection but enough of a range that unless you have a very strict diet you will be ok.

Cabins have a firepit outside so if remember bring some wood, lighter and paper to start the fire. Then bring the ingredients for smores and a bottle of wine.

Noise around the place is was not bad, could not hear the crickets when in the cabin. Did overhear some people at breakfast mentioning the coyote howling.

The only reason I would have with not staying here again and major issue with this place is it is a good 45 minute drive to the entrance of Big Bend National Park. Far better than driving in each day from Alpine or similar but still a good amount of drive.

Date of stay: October 2021
Reviewed 30 June 2021

I'll be honest I didn't stay there, not regretting it but only because my stay was awesome. I visited the Ranch to use the Christmas Mountain trail. The team at Terlingua Ranch was so friendly. They helped me with such pleasure and then when I finished and was leaving gave me great advice on other places to travel. Would seriously consider staying here in the future with how accommodating they were. Thank you Terlingua team!!

Date of stay: June 2021
Reviewed 19 June 2021

The facilities were clean and comfortable, the staff friendly and helpful. It was as advertised, somewhat remote but comfortable once you are on property. A real get away after a lock down year. It was what we were hoping for.

Date of stay: May 2021
1  Thank Paul A
Reviewed 17 June 2021 via mobile

Nothing fancy here but comfortable and clean. The rooms are in 4 unit cabins. A bed and bathroom and air conditioning! No TV which was fine. Several nice pieces of artwork on the walls. Our friend booked us into the supposedly haunted room 47... no ghosts appeared but, I did have a nice ghost dream. The restaurant is nothing fancy but the food and service was good. The pool was refreshing in the heat of the day. There are only a few chairs and loungers but there was a shaded area by the pool.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank babobear1