“Uniquely Texas - From Roof to Table”
Review of Live Oak Grill

Live Oak Grill
Ranked #7 of 375 Restaurants in Sugar Land
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

As one approaches this restaurant the roof is the most striking sight you will see...a painting of the a Texas flag the size of the entire roof. It alone is worth a visit, but having come that far and being meal time, what awaits inside is a board menu the size of Texas. Not really, but the choices are amazing.

Having eaten at the grill several times, my mood sets the direction. Everyone brags about the chicken fried steak and rightfully so. I have eaten chicken fried steak all over the State of Texas, and Live Oak Grill's is definitely at the top. It's big enough to share, too, but I don't. For salmon lovers a great fish dinner awaits. I don't care much for salmon, but if I think it's time for my body to have fish, this is where I would go. Mashed potatoes are great (not full of garlic to make them something there not supposed to be). Just put salt, pepper and butter on them and you are good to go; a tasty potato that makes you want more. The portions if most any dish are huge, so don't worry about not having enough the first time. All dinners are served with two sides. Try the grilled pork chops. I've been told they are good.

Oh gosh, then there are the fantastically good hamburgers and fries, a staple. It's hard to beat a burger from here...six ounces of Angus beef with all the trimmings.

I like all I've mentioned above, but have yet to try the pork chops. Next time I'll make that my mission.

Let's not forget the service. Wether ordering at the counter the counter or having your table cleared while lingering with desert, it's all good...courteous and efficient

Reviewed 25 July 2017

Food has many Texas treats and daily specials. you can get your favorite beer or margarita and sit outside under the trees while the kids play in the sandbox or on the playground or eat inside. Food is great and so are the employees.

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

My wife fell in love with this place the moment we arrived. The artwork and decorations on the outside were fun to look at, along with the numerous items on the interior to gaze upon. The restaurant is designed like a big house on the outside, and everything on the inside has a friendly relaxing feel to it. I ordered the big hog which was even better than I expected while my wife ordered the chicken wrap. I can see why the place gets so packed and people wait outside to eat here. Well worth it.

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

It is busy at lunch and you wait in line to order. Orders are taken and you get a pager to let you know when when your food is ready. Service prompt and the food is tasty. I will go again. Good selection of lunch fare.

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Live Oak Grill is a down-home Texas Country place just off US 90. Wide variety of menu items from burgers, fried catfish and shrimp, salads, chicken fried steak or chicken, children's menu.
Walk up to place your order, prepare your own soft drink, tea or water as well as pick up your order when your buzzer goes off.
Your order is most likely to be served on paper in a plastic container; however Metal utilities are provided.
Generous portions. Tasty. Served hot.
Credit cards are accepted. Complimentary parking. Outside tables are available under-yes-oak trees.
Recommend. Nice clean facility. Not your typical fast-food cafe. Good time there