“My favorite lunch place”

Japaneiro's Sushi Bistro & Latin Grill
Ranked #1 of 400 Restaurants in Sugar Land
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Latin
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

We LOVE Japaniero’s when we can eat outside. The food is fabulous. Inside, it’s too noisy.

The lunch special includes salad, appetizer, and a roll or entree. My fave is the MS150 roll, which isn’t on the regular menu, but you can ask for it. YUM!

Reviewed 2 March 2018

Wife was running a half marathon the next morning so we stayed the night in town, decided to eat here as it was light. Very casual place, a bit noisy but not overly so. Lots of good appetizers on the menu, very good happy hour ($5 sake bombs, $3 drafts, most apps in the $5-7 range). Service was really good. The salmon taquitos were excellent.

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

They have a nice happy hour. We were there on a Thursday . Sat right down when we got there at 5:30 but they were packed when we left around 8pm.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

Ate at Japaneiro's on the way to a performance at Smart Financial Center, and our server Chloe was able to get us in and out in what I considered a very reasonable time. Like others say, it was noisy, but it was in the vein of a "hip and happening" noisy and not simply a loud place. One of the few places I've been recently with a very wide variety of groups; families, couples, large parties all seen. The servers and crew were great at turning around tables and keeping the wait at a minimum. During crowded times, I think it's best to simply take what is available in terms of a table at the bar, etc., otherwise you'll have more of a wait.

I loved that I could get really good examples of two of my favorite types of food, South American and Japanese -which I had never before considered as fusion options. Examples of dishes had: Plaintain chips with Chimmichurri sauce and some of the BEST guacamole I've ever had, as well as wonderful pepper sauce (flavorful, not spicy). We had the recommended Seafood Rice; the included Salmon was perfectly textured, and the fusion of flavors with fried plantains and Asian ingredients really came through - as though it was the most natural thing in the world. The pure Japanese dish - veggie tempura- batter was perfect and veggies perfectly cooked. The other couple we were with raved about the Churrasco and the tenderness of the meat. No leftovers for this crew - but unfortunately no room for dessert either.

All in all - a great experience that left me scheming about when I could get back to try some other great food.

Reviewed 24 December 2017

It appears we got there in time during the happy hour. We were there for about an hour and upon leaving there was a 45-minute wait. We left at 6 pm. During Happy hour the sushi& nigiri are 1.00 off which make this a great deal! They have a unique Jalapeno Margarita and Martini that is pretty darn good. We had a Medium boat for 6 people and there was more than enough food.
It did get noisy.
I want to give a shout out to the waiter Jake. He did a great job and was all about the service. Great Job.