“Consistently good burgers!”

Guru
Ranked #6 of 372 Restaurants in Sugar Land
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 16 October 2017

I love Guru and regularly darken the door with visions of well cooked, interesting burgers and sweet potato fries. I don't think I've ever had a bad experience, though waitstaff is sometimes young and perhaps a bit inexperienced. This is being picky though because staff is always friendly and helpful and when the food is always good, you really shouldn't nit-pick.

The edamame is a great starter and while crepes aren't my first go-to when I'm in the mood for burgers, you won't be sorry if you order one--the mushroom one I ordered was very tasty. A great stop and outdoor seating lets you people watch--bonus! :-)

Reviewed 4 October 2017

We visited the restaurant for lunch soon after we arrived in town and had an excellent meal, so much so that when our children joined us from the UK we just had to take them there.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

If you want to try a different taste, just go to GURU. Their burgers range from plantain to cheeseburger. Place is really neat. original architecture, nice decoration, excellent service, best beats chips you can find!

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Visited first time with kids last Friday and Guru Burga is very popular with the young at heart. Burgers are super with stacks of choices and real potato fries. Original burger costs 3x more than a big mac but worth the taste and experience. Stone floors, metal tables and chairs and high ceilings makes the place loud....so go for it with ear plugs and shout your order; or you can sit outside if you like it quieter. Nice place all said and done.

1  Thank David P
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Loved the Crackberry Nectar Cider beverage I ordered and wished there was more. I only got half a glass on the house since I managed to get the last of what was left of the keg. I felt like a kid drinking a berry soda. The Cannonball appetizer was a little intro to what was coming. You cannot go wrong with beef stuffed with cheese and bacon wrapped. Japaneiro burger could use a bit more chimichurri sauce. The Bruce Lee burger was my choice and I didn't go wrong. I'm still trying to figure out how the name of the burger is connected to blue cheese, caramelized onions and arugula. Oompah loompa crape's tart and sweet berry sauce did give a balance to the richness of the mascarpone filling. There was no wait time to be seated after happy hour, but we did notice large groups by the door. Kailey, our waitress knew her menu and gave us great recommendations.