“Rich succulent decadent food”

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 98 Restaurants in Stafford
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 July 2017

OK, this was my first experience. We had to get food to go because our 1 year old had just fallen asleep. I ordered the Salmon Alexander accompanied by scallops and shrimp in a rich decadent sauce with dirty rice and we would definitely like to visit this chain when we come back to TX or at one of their other locations. I was good in my mouth, but maybe too rich for my tummy, but I'd come here again.

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

A quick trip to Houston for a mini-reunion, got in late Saturday and this was close to hotel. Stop in and were told it was a 30 minute wait, turned out to be 15 minutes. So far so good. I ordered a cup of gumbo and the crawfish plate, and my wife had the catfish. The fish was kind of bland, crawfish was ok, not what you would expect for the price.
OVERPRICE

Reviewed 29 May 2017

By the crowd at mid-afternoon you know it's a good place to eat. The first loaf of bed was dry, when the waiter noticed this he brought another piping hot.

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

I stayed close to here and walked over for a quick dinner. It was a about 8 or so, so there was no wait. I went right in and sat at the bar. Quick service and quick with my drink.

I had their Shrimp & Grits with a Blie Bayou Collins. The drink was strong and good taste. The shrimp & grits were hot and well prepared. The grits were creamy and the shrimp were cooked perfectly.

This is the 2nd time I've eaten here and it is a good, solid choice for a chain restaurant.

1  Thank QuahogRob
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Very little on the menu for those who don't eat seafood--1 chicken and 1 steak selection. This is a Houston area favorite among seafood lovers. The wait times are way too long... especially on weekends. This location, like most in Houston, are also quite busy on week nights. Don't show up really hungry--it may be awhile before you get seated and even longer to be served. The environment is noisy and the service isn't great, but if you enjoy the extensive seafood menu, and you have time to wait and to dine, it's worth the effort.