“Love to hang out here”

Haak Vineyards and Winery, Inc.
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Santa Fe
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: In every country and every language, great wine is in many of life's most memorable moments. With deep passion, Haak Winery is dedicated to creating wines of distinction that accompany the memories of all who taste our wines and visit our estate. As the first winery and only commercial vineyard in Galveston County, we are excited to offer you premium wines made in the great state of Texas. We invite you to visit us and our gift shop where we offer daily tours and tastings. Around the world, milestones are marked with glasses held high. From Haak Winery, here's to history in the making.
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Love going to events and parties here. I've been to bridal showers, baby showers, my high school reunion, etc., and always had a great time. I've also been to a few of their events like the grape stomp and different music performers etc. It's now nice and cool inside the pavilion, and I enjoy that. I also had the most killer burger there. Beautiful scenery, lovely vineyard, great place for pictures. I've never done the tour here, but would love to sometime. The only negative thing I have to say is, the wine isn't very good.

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Beautiful vineyard and great local hangout. Wine is featured in local grocery stores and may lean to those who prefer a sweeter wine. Haak features entertainment regularly so visit their website to see featured bands. We've found some really good, less known talents here!

1  Thank cdalmolin
Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

What a lovely winery in the middle of a residential area. Very helpful staff and a nice tasting room. We tried three wines and liked the Malbec best, taking a bottle home with us. The grounds were well kept and seemed well taken care of. Looked like a lovely spot for a wedding.

1  Thank houstontravelingfool
Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

On Sunday, May28, 2017, we attended the Pee Wee Bowen Band concert at Haak Winery with a bus load of people from our neighborhood.
We found a spot with a breeze at the beginning of a vineyard row to place our chairs to enjoy the musical sounds.Others in our group found various other places that suited them.
When we arrived around 5PM all the parking lots were full and people were enjoying themselves at tables on the outdoor premises.
I seemed a little confused with where and what to order. There was an indoor counter to order bottles of wine or a wine drink. Outside in the pavilion was another counter as well as a place to order hamburgers,($13), wrap, salads and pitchers of Sangria ($20). I never saw a cheese tray, although inside blocks of cheese and boxes of crackers were available for purchase.
Premises are well kept. Staff were available for questions and friendly although there was a large crowd so trying to ask a question was not easy.
Would have been nice to see the selections available to purchase before reaching the counter.
We enjoyed a glass of Purple Porpoise (a semi-sweet red) for $6. We shared a hamburger which was good, the fries and onion rings not so much(too much seasoning).
We had visited 5 years ago for the tour and tasting. Most of the wines are decent.
Overall, the concert was good and the atmosphere friendly. I felt overwhelmed when walked in ( small space for the number of attendees) and not knowing how the venue worked for a concert event.

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

Originally got engaged in the cellar in 2004. Before the expansion of buildings in back Haak looked like an authentic winery, vineyard and small covering for an event. Now there is a generic snack bar and kids area. If this is a venue for events it should have its own restaurant or chef or BBQ pits that are ready to serve. Not cheese platters, terrible burgers and catered crawfish that were so small it was not worth the time to peel them. When you arrive they tell you what you can do and cannot do, where to go and do not even offer a glass. This is a winery not a football or baseball game. Give me a glass. What a generic bland experience. Maybe that's why it was only at 20% capacity (at best) for a publicized event. I will remember the past and not return in the future. Sadly it has lost its charm.

1  Thank wbr4368