“Wa Kubota”
Review of Wa Kubota - CLOSED

Wa Kubota
Price range: US$15 - US$50
Description: Authentic Japanese Restaurant owned by Japanese in North Plano, Texas. Enjoy authentic presentation and service along with beautiful interior. Welcome to taste of Japan! On top of that, various kinds of Sake, Shochu, and Japanese whisky are available. We are looking forward to serving you!
Reviewed 5 February 2020

Excellent food, good service, nice atmosphere, friendly staff.
Nice selection and also a happy hour menu.

Date of visit: February 2020

Reviewed 13 December 2019

very nice settings and friendly waitress - but the Salmon I had is too dry (from lunch special menu)

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed 25 February 2019

Having lived for the past few years right on the West Coast (Seattle and SF Bay Area) I was a bit skeptical about my chances of finding a good sushi place hundreds of miles inland, which made my visit to Wa Kubotu all the more pleasant surprise! Fish was so fresh it melted in one's mouth! Definitely my new fave place!

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Restaurant had very nice ambiance and atmosphere. The food was very fresh and excellent in taste. Portions were good for fine dining price. Highly recommend for those who love sushi and acquired tastes. Suggested for romantic nights, dating, business meetings and special events. Our server, Maria N., was very professional, courteous and genuine in her display of customer service. She was very observant as my drinks never got empty. Pricing is reasonable and I suggest booking reservation on opentable. (Optional) Restroom was clean and even had electronic toilet with dryer feature. will definitely visit again and mark as one of my top 10 restaurants for sushi in plano area. ENJOY!!!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 23 August 2018

I happened to notice Wa Kubota near my hotel and tried it for dinner. Actually surprizingly good Japanese food! They made a good futomaki--- which is my benchmark for a good sushi place. Most "sushi bars" don't make a good futomaki. Wa Kubota did! Restaurant was crowded, nicely decorated, and had excellent service. Not a huge menu, but what they offer is nicely prepared and presented.

Date of visit: August 2018