“nice environment and service”
Review of Wa Kubota - CLOSED

Wa Kubota
Price range: US$15 - US$50
Description: Authentic Japanese Restaurant owned by Japanese in North Plano, Texas. Enjoy authentic presentation and service along with beautiful interior. Welcome to taste of Japan! On top of that, various kinds of Sake, Shochu, and Japanese whisky are available. We are looking forward to serving you!
Reviewed 13 December 2019

very nice settings and friendly waitress - but the Salmon I had is too dry (from lunch special menu)

Date of visit: December 2019

Reviewed 25 February 2019

Having lived for the past few years right on the West Coast (Seattle and SF Bay Area) I was a bit skeptical about my chances of finding a good sushi place hundreds of miles inland, which made my visit to Wa Kubotu all the more pleasant surprise! Fish was so fresh it melted in one's mouth! Definitely my new fave place!

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Restaurant had very nice ambiance and atmosphere. The food was very fresh and excellent in taste. Portions were good for fine dining price. Highly recommend for those who love sushi and acquired tastes. Suggested for romantic nights, dating, business meetings and special events. Our server, Maria N., was very professional, courteous and genuine in her display of customer service. She was very observant as my drinks never got empty. Pricing is reasonable and I suggest booking reservation on opentable. (Optional) Restroom was clean and even had electronic toilet with dryer feature. will definitely visit again and mark as one of my top 10 restaurants for sushi in plano area. ENJOY!!!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 23 August 2018

I happened to notice Wa Kubota near my hotel and tried it for dinner. Actually surprizingly good Japanese food! They made a good futomaki--- which is my benchmark for a good sushi place. Most "sushi bars" don't make a good futomaki. Wa Kubota did! Restaurant was crowded, nicely decorated, and had excellent service. Not a huge menu, but what they offer is nicely prepared and presented.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 19 July 2018

Found this wonderful little Japanese restaurant on the corner of a shopping center. Lovely décor and the staff was friendly and helpful. If you love Japanese and are in the Plano/Dallas/Frisco area, you have got to stop here! The sushi roll and seaweed salad were very very good (I can still taste that caterpillar roll!), but the Wegyu beef was the star of the meal. Thinly sliced raw Wegyu brought to our table with a small red-hot griddle to cook the beef on to our liking. In just seconds, it was perfectly cooked and melted in your mouth like butter! For dessert, we ordered fried ice cream balls, as well as a dish of strawberry flavored shaved ice (it was huge!). I don't know why there aren't lines out the door getting into this restaurant, it is that good. With the exception of the Wegyu beef (which we all know is expensive), the prices are what you expect when you go to a Japanese restaurant. Highly recommend!

Date of visit: July 2018