“Good BBQ, Salty though”

Spring Creek Barbeque
Ranked #7 of 138 Restaurants in Missouri City
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 24 June 2017

I've had Spring Creek BBQ at catered parties, but had never dined at the restaurant. Saturday, June 17th was my first time here. Big place with plenty of parking. Walk through buffet style ordering just like other BBQ places. I ordered the 1/2 chicken dinner with green beans and cole slaw and an iced tea. The chicken was very moist and oozing with flavor but it was just a bit too salty for my taste buds. Also, I know it's hard to cook up lots of whole chickens, but mine was still red around the bone, especially on the legs. It's not a real biggie, but this should not be served this way. I'm sure all the other meats were fine. The sides (two to choose for a dinner plate) were really good too; the beans were also on the salty side. I did enjoy the cole slaw dressing. The ever-appearing rolls were a nice touch, but one is plenty. Now I choose to go here because the traffic was bad on SW Freeway so I could not get to that BBQ place near Hwy 99. I'll go back to Spring Creek but the other place is still a touch better. Definitely try it out though!

Reviewed 26 May 2017

Well, I wanted my wife to experience Texas BBQ, and our friends took us here. I understand the BBQ is good, if not great.

But the staff made me feel right at home. They fixed a huge baked potato for me, and I got some salad-type sides. I was just fine and my wife loved her meal!

For the record, this was Friday night, and the place was very busy.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

Nice folks working behind the counter, friendly service and great food. Pick up a family back very often here - alwasy satisfied with great tasting BBQ and plentiful sides.

Reviewed 7 March 2017

Probably the best BBQ in the area--clean, friendly place with good BBQ options. However, it's very over-priced for a counter-service BBQ place.

Reviewed 24 February 2017

I usually dine at Spring Creek when staying in Sugar Land. It's good BBQ for families that have a wide age range. Sure to please every age.

The BBQ is tender with a mild BBQ sauce. Mac and Cheese for the little ones and potato salad and beans for the adults. Fresh rolls are handed out by "roll" girls that are hot out of the oven. The Peach Cobbler is home style but don't pass up the banana pudding.

It's noisy, crowded and good eats.