3,951 results
All reviews pink party animation team pool area half board room card spring card great holiday superior room evening entertainment plenty of choice waiter service play park bar staff kids club main bar building work sister hotel
Reviewed 30 May 2018

After just returning from a week staying all inclusive at the Hotel Bitacora booked though TUI, all I can say is what a great holiday! The first thing I want to highlight is how good the food at breakfast/lunch/dinner is and how varied and fresh it was every single day. There was something for everyone, real English Bacon, fantastic toasted waffles and a great selection of world dishes in the evening. Staff in the restaurant are very attentive and friendly. As are the reception staff and cleaning staff. We had a double pool view room on the 5th floor which had a great view and had ample space. If you are all inclusive you don't have to pay anything for the safe or the towel cards and the free cyber centre in reception is something I've never seen before.

There were only a couple of downsides to the hotel and these were mainly concentrated in the pool area. There are not enough sunbeds for the amount of guests, and often when we would go down to the pool in the afternoon there would be none free but many of them would just have towels on them having been reserved by people as early as 7am!! Also, it is a very slow service at the pool bar, every time I went up the queue was always at least 8 people long. Aside from this, the pool area is kept very clean, and the pools were big enough for both kids to be playing and adults to be swimming. There are lots to do for kids every day around the pool, even a total wipeout style competition.

The Bitacora is very catered towards families. If you enjoy peace at the pool and a quiet dinner setting then this hotel is not for you. However, if you don't mind that, and enjoy good food, good service and a well cleaned and looked-after room then this hotel certainly offers that. The location is also spot on, an easy walk down to the water front and an equal distance to either Costa Adeje or Los Cristianos. We hired bikes for the day however as the promenade from Adeje to Cristianos was very busy, it is not worth it and you would be better walking it. Bustling resort with plenty for all ages.

A must see when in Tenerife is the Volcano El Teidi. TUI and Jet2 offer excursions there twice a week from right outside the Bitacora and it is well worth it! Especially going up in the cable car. Siam Park as always was fantastic and we heard a lot of good things about Loro Parque although we didnt visit it ourselves as it is a 2 hour bus journey from Las Americas.

Room Tip: Rooms with a pool view also get the sun on the balcony at night! 5th floor and above get great views of the sea as well.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank siestamaster
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

The rating only allows Average or Very Good I would rate this Good.

Rooms:
Are clean and spacious and cleaned everyday. Although we had the same bottle of water for a whole week and lipstick on one of the glasses.

Food & Service:
Breakfast is nice and so is the Evening meal. There are lots to choose from but it can get a bit repetitive after a few days. Don’t touch the ice cream as the kids literally have there hands all over it.

The service by the waiters is very good and the plates are cleared away fast etc.

Swimming Pool
The most disappointing thing was we did not go in the swimming pool once or sit around it and the reason being is if you were not down by the pool by 8 o’clock reserving a sun bed you did not get one, despite there being a rule that you couldn’t reserve sun beds - this was not not the case (pics attached)

The sun beds would then be empty for the rest of the day but with towels on them (pics attached)

The pool was then closed for 24 hours as someone had either had an accident in there or was sick - probably due to excessive drinking or eating!!

There was a note in our room explaining that this a regular thing. Admittedly this is not the hotels thought but does highlight the clientele that stays here. After reading other reviews this tends to be a reoccurring theme and one has to question if there is any chlorine in the pool.

Overall:
Travelling as a couple this hotel is not for us, it is geared up for families with young children. All day and night children run wild around the hotel and in particular at night in the corridors!!

We were all inclusive and despite arriving very late on the first day when it came to our last day we were only allowed to benefit from AI up-to 12pm despite having a late flight home.

Whilst here we visited the sister hotels Vulcano and Arona Gran and these are both Adult only hotels and will definitely be where we will be staying next.

Overall nice hotel shame about the clientele.

Butlins abroad sums it up.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lindsay C
Reviewed 29 May 2018

Me and my son stopped in the hotel for 1 week and couldn't have asked for a better holiday. We booked direct with the hotel and received the pink wristbands (Which give you Premium All Inclusive) I would highly recommend this.
The rooms were spacious, modern and the shower was amazing.
The food was very good for an all inclusive, there was lost of variety and it was always hot.
The pool and entertainment were great and there was always something to do.
The only downside i personally had was the building work going on 3 floors below my room, which started at around 7:45am each morning, which woke me and my son up, however i just used this as my alarm lol.
I will be returning

Room Tip: Pool View Room
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank phackett33914
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely stay at hotel Bitacora
came with my family and this hotel is just amazing for family’s
The rooms were nice, the staff was friendly and the kids playground was amazing and we just loved everything about our stay and will definitely be back there soon

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

I am currently staying with my family (4 adults, 1 child) in Spring Hotel Bitacora and as much as I would like to give 5 stars for the great variety of food and fun pools (for both kids and adults) I have to say that I am utterly disappointed with the pool space and the way customer service does nothing about people reserving the sun loungers by leaving their towels on them for most of the day and preventing others from using them!
When we tried to move the loungers on the grass, closer to the pool (so that I can keep an eye on my child when he is swimming), we were told that only one area of the grass can be used - tucked in the corner where you cannot see the pool at all, partially under the trees (when I wanted to sunbathe) and in front of the area where they do some building improvements on the hotel (very noisy and unpleasant to watch, strange timing to carry out these works as it is a half term and the holiday wasn’t cheap!).
Apparently they cannot do anything about it but obviously they are happy to accept higher number of guests than the space allows for! Very stressful and disappointing start of the holiday!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family