3,449 results
All reviews a mountain view room on arrival pool area kids club mare nostrum resort bed and breakfast glass of champagne sister hotel aqua aerobics pool party lovely hotel bit dated foam party sir anthony an update plenty of sunbeds flat screen
Reviewed 19 August 2015 via mobile

The location of this hotel is excellent . Situated in an upmarket area of Tenerife, there are lots of lovely shops ( designer included) plus fine eateries. The location. In my opinion saves the hotel.

The hotel is at best a 3*. Do not come here expecting 5* or anything close. The communal areas may be closer to the mark but the bedrooms no where close, There are none of the usual perks one would expect from a true 5 * and they even charge for using the fridge. Really nice hotels seem to be missing from the area, to be fair however.

The appearance of the hotel is embarrassing . It looks like a butlins camp and we must be the only family not to be drenched in tattoos.

The staff are friendly and whilst I would not stay here again , I can see that some people would find the kids club attractive . This was the only reason I chose it and to that end, it serves it's purpose.m
Basically , go with very low expectations and you will be fine.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank minnieinrichmond
Alejandro Cresp... D, Director General at Mediterranean Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2015

Dear minnieinrichmond,

Thank you very much also to give us through this Web Page the chance to explain you some details about your comments. I´m very sorry to know that your stay has been so below your expectations.

We are aware that the Resort needs some changes, however, the reforms of a complex of this size, we understand, should be done in stages to try to affect, as little as possible, guests and can thus guarantee a pleasant stay in Tenerife.

Trust us when we write you that it makes us very sad to know that you are a little bit disappointed with your last stay at the Mediterranean Palace. Our main goal is to improve every day, our guests are a key part of this process, so that each and every one of the comments we do get they are constructive for us.

We have to thank you for sharing your comments and we hope to have the chance of welcome you in our Resort and show you all the improvements in what we are working hard every day.

Reviewed 18 August 2015

Just returned from a week stay with my boyfriend. We were over to surprise family who were there for a weeks holiday. Loved this hotel it was so nice inside and the reception area was lovely. We had breakfast in Cleopatra every morning where it was meant to be 6 euros everyday but we got this for free. This is a bonus as our family was staying in this hotel. We used the Cleopatra's pool everyday and managed to get a sunbed no problem. The breakfast was lovely always loads of choice.

Only downside to this holiday is the rooms, the room we was giving had a view of the main street which was fine for us but the room alone smelt of mold and was not up to a 5 star standard.

Apartment from that everything was perfect and would defs returned!

Also free wifi for your stay and champagne on arrival!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Aimee S
Alejandro Cresp... D, General Manager at Mediterranean Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2015

Dear Aimee S,

First of all I must thank the dedicated time to send us your comments about your stay at the Mediterranean Palace Hotel. We are pleased that you have received good service by our professional team and feel that I will transmit your comments to the different departments you mentioned.

I appreciate your comments; certainly, it helps us to know that we are on the right line work. Our guests are a key part of our improvements process, so that each and every one of the comments is constructive for us.

We are truly glad that we were able to offer you an unforgettable holiday and I would like to have the opportunity to welcome you in our Resort and show you all the improvements in what we are working hard every day.

Reviewed 18 August 2015

I have been coming to this hotel for the 8 years and have always loved it,I go with my wife and parents I take 2 rooms on the sixth floor that give me a view of the pool and the ocean also sun throughout the afternoon and evening.The hotel has dropped a lot in the standard of hows are run.When we first sent a email to say we would like to rebook for next year we were told this was the best price even though the same price was on website not good for the loyality we have shown.Then we ordered rooms beside each other which we didn't get.I went to check in no hi its nice to see you again thank you for your business instead it was you were here before so no need to say anything please give me €40 for a fridge for two weeks here is the key which when we went to the room was open anyway crazy stuff that didn't happen in 2014 we didn't have to pay for these things.Room was ok still dated and tired no improvement done its not fair that there isn't any sort of improvement to the rooms but we love the location of hotel I love the restaurants in the safari centre.I think that breakfast was average in the morning no bad but nothing to excited with.Sunbeds were crazy some people make a show of them selves the policy is good from hotel.We were down at the towel hut for 9 gave in aour towel cards and received towels the majority of the seat around pool edge were reserved by people putting dow towels before 9 which isn't right the pool guard took them off but people just put them back please bring in better policy.The pool bar has dropped there standard long wait small menu over priced.We had a great time because we were on holidays I'm just saying the hotel has left itself slip and its sad.Towels hanging from balconies people shouting at each other at the poolside not good.They have got rid of the carnival which had drums and dancers which used to be on wednesday which is a shame,also for returning guests they used to have a cocktail evening thats gone to.Lifts need to be updated and most things in the hotel really need to be updated badly.Staff are very good though there are blessed to have the entertainment team and the young lady controlling breakfast at the door outside.Reception need to be much better very cold and I felt for the first time in 8 years that the second I gave my money over on check in well that was it.Location is fantastic great restaurants all round beech 400 metres away.Lovely bars all round on the 1 mile long strip its perfect.Taxi from airport is €27 and take 15 to 20 minutes.The hotel shop is good value coffee is good and €1.30 great value and rolls and sandwiches for €2.00 staff are lovely and pleasant manner.I really love this hotel as it gives me so many happy memories but standards have dropped and I feel like they no one cared about returning guests.I tried the cleoptara before and rooms weren't awhole lot different and it costs the same, I wouldn't pay the money for sir anthony,Its a good 3 star hotel now but its the villa cortes for our family next year if the med palace don't upgrade.I payed €1749 for 2 weeks sea view room b&b which for 600 more could have stayed in villa cortes.Please either charge more and upgrade or charge less and stay the same.Also where is the loyalty programme for guests who have spent well over €15,000 in the last 8 years at your hotel does that not count Expo club is a joke and the new app is money wasted instead of putting money into the med palace rooms

Room Tip: Rooms on the sixth floor have afternoon sun and sea view perfect
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
5  Thank MichaelBres

Dear MichaelBres,

I wish to express many thanks for sharing your positive and encouraging impressions with all of us here.

I would like to start informing you that our prices depend on factors such as advance booking, the season or demand, but we also have promotions and discounts. You can contact us via our website, to review the terms of your reservation and past stays with us.

Regarding your comment about the rooms, as I said before, we are aware that they need a change and that is why we started a remodeling plan in 2012. We started with the common areas (sport bar, restaurants, gardens, main pool, solarium and Mare Kids Club) of the Mediterranean Palace.

The reforms of a complex of this size, we understand, should be done in stages to try to affect, as little as possible, guests and can thus guarantee a pleasant stay in Tenerife.

Reserving sun beds is forbidden by legislation and our staff is responsible for releasing sun beds for other guests enjoyment. We always try to call to the civic responsibility and cooperation of all our guests but sometimes guests skip the rules.

Nevertheless, I am truly glad that we were able to offer you an unforgettable holiday and I would like to have the opportunity to welcome you in our Resort and show you all the improvements in what we are working hard every day.

Reviewed 18 August 2015

If looking at this hotel as a 5* I would have to say that it is not - it is more a 3* with a good location. The rooms are small and need updating. There is not much room between the bed and the dressing table and the door of the room did not open properly due to the case rack behind the door. We had asked for a room with a sea view but this was not worth the money as others staying at the hotel had booked a room facing the street and due to road works outside were upgraded free of charge! Definitely bring along a hairdryer as the one in the bathroom is not suitable for drying mid/long hair - took forever! For entertainment we went to the Volcano hotel as there was none here. We also spent our time by the pool at the Cleopatra (4* next door) which was quieter and we definitely felt that it was more of a 5* than the Mediterranean Palace. Be prepared that there is no air-conditioning in the restaurant which made it very uncomfortable to eat here at night should the weather take a turn for the worse - again the Cleopatra has air-conditioning in their hotel restaurant. For a 5* hotel I would have expected proper sunbeds with "cushions" and plenty comfort which I felt this hotel lacked. My suggestion is that if you are looking for a 5* hotel with good location then the place to go would be St Anthony hotel next door.

Room Tip: Bring hair dryer !
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays
2  Thank Bridget W

Dear Bridget W,

I wish to express my sincere gratitude for having taken time to write such a detailed summery of your experience at Tenerife and about your stay at Mare Nostrum Resort. It gives us the chance of offer you some explanations.

As you can read in other guests reviews, we are aware that they need a change and that is why we started a remodeling plan in 2012. We started with the common areas (sport bar, restaurants, gardens, main pool, solarium and Mare Kids Club) of the Mediterranean Palace.

I have already written to the technical service to prevent these things can become a disadvantage for the rest of the guests. In addition, I will personally go to check to analyze the air conditioner with the maintenance manager. I´m very sorry about your negative impression and I will transmit your comments to maintain our standards of quality.

Regarding the activities, we have a great variety of leisure at Mare Nostrum Resort. Shows, Musical, Malizia at Pyramid of Arona, Club Mare Kids for children and different parties during the year. However, I have to apologize if we were not able to offer you this information on time.

Reviewed 17 August 2015

V nice big hotel, stayed here many times and always enjoyed it, and much better now they added a kids room which is 1st class and kids reps do a great job, great pool area, plenty of beds, pool view rooms normally have sea view as well, breakfast is ok as hotel breakfasts go, night time entertainment needs to b better, a few times they cut the mini disco short and at its best it's only half hour, we had to complain 1 night as they only managed 15 minutes as the parrot show were hurrying them!! Everything outside your room is spotless but the rooms are in much need of refurbishment and thought this fews years ago so long over due, all in all nice hotel, sort entertainment out, refurb the rooms and u would b 5*

Stayed: December 2014
1  Thank Fiona E

Dear Fiona E,

As you know, our resort has three hotels where many activities and events for our guests and you can use all our facilities, pools and common areas. I apologize if we were not able to transmit this information in time and for a punctual failure with the minidisc. I will transmit your comment to the manager of the Club Mare Kids.

Nevertheless, It makes us truly happy to see you having had an enjoyable holiday and that we were part of it at the Mediterranean Palace Hotel.