1,946 results
All reviews salad main building large hotel booked this hotel pools are great staff at reception cleaned every day bad reviews clean towels mini club two double beds outdoor pool cleaned daily sun loungers buffet style great holiday pool side
Reviewed 17 June 2018

The hotel is clean, and the rooms are cleaned daily. The rooms are basic, but sufficient for what is needed. I went Full Board and is something I would not recommend. The food was always cold and bland. I m not sure what other outcome is expected when I witnessed lunch being cooked at 8:30AM, for serving at 1:30-3:30pm. The canteen was often noisy and difficult to find a table. The breakfast was nice with freshly made pancakes available.
The swimming pools are clean and at the time I visited (June 4th-14th), was majority of the time empty. There is a charge into the indoor pool of 1:50PP per hour. Payment is made at the bar, and a receipt given to the lifeguard as you walk into the pool. All times I visited the time limited was not strictly monitored, and we were allowed stay as long as we wanted.
During our stay there was some nights that young Spanish students staying on the same corridor were very loud at night time. Towards the end of the visit, groups of young adults arrived and at night time were drinking and playing music on their balcony. The noise at night time was never addressed or sorted by the Hotel staff and for this reason I would not recommend this hotel for families with young children.
My overall impression of this hotel is not one I would choose to stay at again, but could suit others.

Room Tip: Pool View Rooms are good for night time entertainment.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Carol M
Reviewed 5 June 2018

This hotel was fantastic value for money.The rooms were cleaned every day with fresh towels.Its in an excellent location central to everything.The food was average but what we expected for a 3star hotel.The pools are great for kids as we’re the activities everyday.I would say the staff were not that friendly apart from the young guy behind the bar he was very entertaining.There were plenty of sun loungers everyday and the spa was great too the kids loved it.The only problem with this hotel was it is very much in need of modernisation.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Alpharooms
1  Thank Sa-lou_mcr123
Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

Let me start by saying if your british and looking for entertainment this isnt for you...its very spanish run and the guests are also loud noisey 3am all chatting in same room so rude but this isnt fault of the hotel its more rude Foreigner's. Hotel is clean maides keep ontop of things staff are friendly pools are great but a tad cold, food is ok i was half board and was aloud to switch to lunch if i wanted to eat out at night i did prefer lunch to evening meal but again unless ur mega posh and picky then the food is quite ok. location is perfect too almost central yet far enough away from town noise.would i stay here again no but only dus to the guests been so noisey i didnt sleep..

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Alyson H
Reviewed 30 May 2018

Lost sleep in this hotel and my sides were almost bruised the beds were that hard. No Aircon to July despite it being 25 degrees..!! so you have to leave doors open but then can t sleep with noise in the pool area till almost 2.00am. Why did staff not shut the noisy kids up at midnight? no idea.
We caught the lifeguard ( yes lifeguard not security) grab a kid by the arm and snatch a plastic glass off him with water in it - what gives him the right to man handle children? he had bleached blonde hair and this was the 2nd incident - he is NOT SAFE near your children. Lots of Eastern Europeans in this hotel and they market a lot to Russia so you need to be comfortable with that. The food is very poor, we were on half board but left the meal half way through and went out to it, it really is that bad. Poor choice and not cooked well either, never had a hotel as bad for this size. we wont ever return.
IT s a very noisy hotel with and walls like paper as well.
Worst thing was beds and no aircon, them one main thing you want in a hotel is a comfy bed and a cool room. they DO NOT provide this. I cant put into words how bad the bed was and how hot & noisy it was. Plenty of hotels in Salou just find another.

Room Tip: Ask for brand new mattresses as the ones now are decades old and very hard, bette rstill stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 1ukcom
Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

The reason for the title is simple, do not visit this hotel in the last week of April unless you want a thousand screaming Spanish children running through the hotel from 8am till sometimes 11pm. This week is the Spanish school holiday and with the Jaime l being the biggest hotel in Salou then that's where they are, and they treat it like home and the parents seem to leave them to it. Meal times we're every man, woman and child for themselves, and we found this early in the season there wasn't any evening entertainment

Please don't get me wrong if you have children and you go in our schools breaks then I think the kids will love it, but adults only stay far away.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family