1,111 results
All reviews shuttle bus beach club kids club family holiday evening entertainment mini disco spanish families all inclusive guests open top bus adults and children wave pool all inclusive package big bathroom great for kids great holiday chocolate fountain hotel pool
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

Wouldn’t recommend this place I’m afraid. I was missold a family with kitchen only to pay and find out months later these rooms didn’t exist!!!

A lady feel through the glass narrowly missed edge of cliff to be badly injured and have to go to hospital after me helping her and stopping her leg from bleeding this happened on Monday and still hasn’t been repaired or cleaned away see pics !!!

My daughter is expected to sleep on a sofa and has no bed paid for family room I expect 6 beds and there is room to sleep 5 then one on the sofa :( she is now suffering with an back not surprisingly

Good is awful same stuff every night and not hot and family disco for kids is horrendous lasts around 30 mins

The waterpark is a bus ride and walk along path over a bridge away not on resort so misleading online very unhappy hotel staff are not friendly and customer push your kids out way and jump ques constantly

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2018

Our first holiday as a family and it was fab! The staff are lovely and very helpful, nothing was ever a problem for them. Room cleaned daily, beds made and free water when staying all inclusive. There’s so much food to eat! Lots of choice every day and always lots of space. Waiting staff are so efficient! My kids loved the beach club which a short bus ride away but the bus is provided free of charge and runs every 10-15 mins! 2 reasons why I haven’t gave 5 stars, 1 is the entertainment. The hotel has a lot of Spanish guests, rude ones at that, and the entertainment is mainly for them! The music is all Spanish all day long and the mini disco is the same songs every night in the same order, again in Spanish! And 2 the lightening around the pool at night is very poor, the toilet is right around the other side of the pool and I had to use the torch on my phone most nights. There’s a ping pong table but you can’t use that once it gets dark! There is also a games room but everything in there is old and doesn’t work! Apart from those niggles it’s a lovely big, clean hotel!

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

We had a fantastic family holiday very clean and friendly when we first met receptionist he was the most polite person ever he helped in every way possible our hotel room was beautiful cleaners were brilliant can't fault this hotel in any way and would deffinately reccomend and will deffinately be booking again through jet2.

1  Thank Angela L
Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

We have just returned from a 10 day all inclusive holiday at the Holiday Palace. Me, my husband and 2 sons (7 & 5) had a great holiday here. The hotel is very nice and our accommodation was very fab. The only negative was the sofa bed in the living room which me and my husband took wasn’t the comfiest. The rooms were cleaned daily and he towels and bedding were changed.

The food in the hotel was good I thought. There was always something we could eat. If you have a picky eater then you may struggle but we never had a problem. There was always tables when we went for a meal too which is a plus. At the pool there is a snack bar which was also good. It included burgers, hot dogs, cheese and ham toasted, chips, salad etc.

Now one of the reasons I only gave 4 stars is the confusion about the pools. I have attached 2 photos. 1 shows the pools which are present at the Beach Club and the other of the pool at the Holiday Palace. I think it is false advertisement that the pictures of the facilities on the various travel agencies websites shows the pools from the Beach Club too which makes it look like they are at the hotel and this was the feeling of most people we spoke to too. Let me explain below.

Holiday Palace is part of The Holiday World resort. The Beach Club is at the bottom of the Holiday World resort. The resort consists of 4 hotels. Holiday Village (1) which is situated just next to the Beach Club from there you go up a hill and round a roundabout then up another hill And you then come to the Polynesia (2) you then go up a little more and there is the Hydros (3) and then right at the very top is the Holiday Palace (4). Me and my husband are both early 30s so the hills weren’t too much of a problem but if you are less mobile you may struggle. It is a good 15 minute walk to the Beach Club from Holiday Palace, well 10 minutes down and 15 back. You can go to the Beach Club whenever you want but if you want to eat there with your all inclusive you have too book 24 hours before. This was easy enough to do and we never had a problem getting in. The food at the Beach Club was fantastic. There is a free bus that takes you from your hotel to the Beach Club and back every 15 minutes.

The pools at the Beach Club were great but there isn’t many slides. There was only one which my 7 year old son could go on. My 5 year old wasn’t tall enough to go which was a nightmare. To use this slide you need a rubber ring which you have to pay €20 for but you get €14 back. One of my main issues is sunbeds. I do not understand why families with kids insist on putting towels on sunbeds for the whole family when the children are never on them! Wherever we go as a family of 4 we only take 2 sunbeds max so other people that want them can actually get one. The lifeguards are brilliant here and were always on the ball.

Back to Holiday Palace. The staff were always friendly. At the poolside bar especially at night there was definitely staffing issues. Usually one lady on her own which meant there were quite long ques for a drink. There is a bar indoors too called he Chic Bar which wasn’t busy during the night and a lot of people were walking up to there and getting drinks then coming down to the entertainment bit.

The entertainment consisted of a 1 hour kids disco which started at 9. It was the same songs for the whole 10 days we were there but my kids enjoyed it. Then there was a show on from 10-11. This was very hit and miss for us. Mainly being that this hotel had a lot of Spanish holidaymakers too and the hotel entertainment accommodated for them too which wasn’t our cup of tea. This is no fault of the hotel but it just wasn’t for us. After 11 there was often some kind of animal show or a Just Dance session which my kids enjoyed. The drinks are the usual on the plus side the pink gin was Gordon’s gin which kept me happy. As soon as midnight came everything was shut down and the place was in darkness.

While we were there we went and looked around the other hotels on the resort. You can use the amenities at these other hotels but your all inclusive does not work. The Hydros seems to be a retreat hotel and I never seen anyone there. The Polynesia was stunning inside and pool area was good too. The Holiday Village was lovely too and walking round the pool it seemed to be the place where all the English people went.

At the Holiday Palace there was never any problem getting a sunbed and where ever you lay you could always see your kids in the pool. At the Village and Polynesia the pools were very busy. At the ages my kids are especially the younger one I like to keep an eye on them.

One negative I have not only about the Palace but the Holiday World resort itself is the location. If you want to go into Benalmadena itself it’s a taxi ride which cost us €13 there and €13 back. The resort is probably closer to Fuengarola than Benalmadena. It would take you over an hour to walk into Benalmadena and probably just over half an hour to walk into Fuengarola. This wasn’t much of a problem for us because we mainly stayed on the resort.

All in all I would return here without hesitation. We had a great holiday and felt like it was worth the money we paid.

2  Thank amh6971
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

This hotel is great for families! 3 families with 6 adults and 3 kids under 4.
Ignore the negative reviews, yes the food isn’t Michelin standard but it’s what you expect, plenty of choice with Mexican and Chinese themed nights. I don’t understand the complaints about lack of kids food. Food is food, my 11 month old daughter had a lot of what we had, you don’t just have to have nuggets!

Great selection of drinks, with choice of branded spirits (watch out, the measures are strong!)

Rooms were clean and spacious with big, comfy beds. Staff were all very friendly and helpful.

The entertainment was great for kids in the evening. The team were fantastic with the kids at the mini disco! #babyshark

Spent most of the days at the beach club/ water park. It was brilliant with plenty of sunbeds and great food choice if you book the restaurant the morning before. Only a short walk down the hill from the hotel. The bus is handy if you don’t want to walk but you don’t need it for that short distance. Some of us walked down and some waited for the bus and we all arrived at the same time after the bus had picked them up!

Would definitely recommend for families with young kids, there was lots to do and we all had a brilliant holiday!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Holidayworld2012, Gerente at Holiday Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Dear customer, thank you for your visit, for sharing them through this channel and having your own point of view.

We try to satisfy all our clients with our F&B and with the rest of services: animation, beach club, cleaning etc ...
We thank you for your visit and we hope to see you again in the future.
Best Regards