Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews open fire every night course meal great pool maid service every day days skiing family ski holiday fantastic trip heated boot warmers staff were brilliant fabulous hotel cake duck a great week february half term trois vallees ski resort
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 March 2020

Went away with my son and had an amazing time. I loved the resort which had a great chilled vibe but easily linked to all other areas in the 3 Valleys - so some amazing all day trips. The hotel is great and everyone was so helpful but not instrusive - thanks especially to Scott and Tom who sorted out my passport when I left it in the room. The food was great, lots of choice and an extra choice for kids - the spa was lovely and although the water felt a little cold in the pool you soon got used to it. We did ski in and out every day (well to just over the road which was great) - important to find the Violette run and roc and bob turnoff if you want to really do this. But they will give a little map to help you - Loved it thank you!!

1  Thank Trail617265
Reviewed 26 February 2020

This is the first time we have gone with Neilsons on a family ski holiday and it was excellent, we will definetly booked with them again. The Les Menuire hotel was everything we needed, clean tidy, warm, extremely friendly with excellent service, amenities and food. The ski resort was also everything (and more) you would need for a weeks holiday. The Neilsons staff were very attentive and there was nothing we could criticise, Traveling with 2 teenagers can make it a challenge but the whole ski package, including the Neilsons guided trips, (free to guests), made this an excellent holiday for all, (we did 5 of the organised trips as they are levelled for moderate to advanced). A special mention to Mario the chef, who was so accommodating. The food was absolutely top notch and plenty of, but I had a couple of eating restrictions due to treatment I previously had for throat cancer, Mario ensured my dietary needs were fully met, an absolute gent. Also to Tom the Neilsons ski guide, he was great, especially with the kids. If you are looking for a really good family ski trip, this is definetly the one, can't recommend highly enough.

Room tip: From speaking to the other guests, all the rooms were of a really good standard
Reviewed 25 February 2020 via mobile

Have just returned from February half-term ski trip with my 14-year old son. Concur with other reviews that rooms, food and location are good. Staff were friendly and helpful. Only down for us was that the all the guests and front-of-house staff (except 2) were English and we prefer a French atmosphere. Have previously travelled with Crystal and have always been amongst lots of French families and served by French staff which we prefer. My fault for not thinking about what a Neilson hotel would be like before booking! So, if you want a bit of England abroad, I’d recommend this hotel but if you want a French atmosphere I suggest looking elsewhere.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 February 2020

Stayed here Feb 2020 with Neilson. Everything about the hotel was great. 2 of us were sharing a triple room & this was a comfortable & good sized room for 2 people & all their gear.

Meals were all well organised and food was of a high standard. Having breakfast set up as a buffet worked really well as it meant that you didn't have to wait around for your order to be taken, prepared etc. It was also good that dinner was available over the course of a couple of hours rather than everyone having to sit down at the same time. Afternoon tea was very welcome (although on a couple of evenings it was a bit of a rush getting back in time for this as I was out until the lifts shut) with bread/jams & cake on offer, & a good selection of tea.

The staff were great: friendly, knowledgeable, & always around but at the same time not in your face. The wine tasting was enjoyable and informative. There was some good banter when the rugby was on & shown in the bar (England were playing France) especially between the English & French staff - although perhaps the English staff shouldn't presume that all their guests are rugby/England supporters (however, this is just a very minor comment which shouldn't be taken too seriously!).

The spa was also great and I used the swimming pool & sauna most evenings.

Skiing to/from close to the hotel worked but I found the bus (which stops right outside) the easiest.

I therefore definitely recommend this hotel. It's a great base to explore the 3 valleys.

Reviewed 16 February 2020 via mobile

Just got back from Feb break with 2 kids. Loved this hotel. Food was delicious with good choice each evening and at breakfast. Coming back for afternoon tea was a real treat with crowd pleasers for the kids and adults alike (always 2 to chose from).

We managed to ski in and out okay but the first day the track down was really icy. Lots of buses though or 10 min walk uphill to town.

Links to the Trois Vallees were good but we had 2 days where it was too windy and so all lifts at the top were closed.
With kids in ski school finishing at 12, it’s a tight squeeze to get to Courchevel and back but VT and Meribel were much closer and less stressful to return in time.

We used Prosneige ski school who were brilliant and had lots of levels to chose from and less in a class than ESF.

As another reviewer has mentioned, the pool is cold. It’s so inviting with jacuzzi areas but once you’re in, the bubbles just make you feel colder. Please fix this if you can Neilson as I only went in once and would have loved to relax after a days skiing in a warm jacuzzi. Having said that, the kids didn’t care and used the pool every night!

Rooms were spacious for a ski resort and it was nice to have a bath which had very hot water and filled up quickly.

Bar area was cosy and drinks reasonably priced compared to up the mountain. And they were the only place in resort that had Diet Coke!

Be warned... We flew from Birmingham and left resort at 1230 for a 1930 flight (3 hour transfer). We were at the airport 4 hours early and couldn’t even check in when we got there. Sat outside the terminal on suitcases for an hour. Also, all transfers seem to have a mandatory stop in Moûtiers to collect/drop off other guests. This wasn’t too bad on the way back but on a late flight on the way out, it meant we were really late getting to the hotel (10pm+) with kids.

Although this put us off a little, we would still return as the rest of the experience was brilliant. Staff super friendly and a quality hotel.

Would recommend