Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews daily menu ski hotel food is excellent every night comfortable rooms other guests half board ski equipment lounge spa jacuzzi sports midnight france courses reberty skiers
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 February 2020

Just returned from a 1st visit to this hotel & to the resort. Also took Eurostar Ski train from St Pancras to Moutier - 7.5hrs of total comfort and extremely lucky to avoid Storm Dennis causing chaos at airports. Moutier is 40 min taxi drive $80 one way.

Hotel location is perfect for ski in & out - but note it's away from the centre so you'll need 5 mins on the local bus to get into shops/bars etc. Rooms are small but comfortable. Lovely welcome from hotel management. Lounge is ok. 2 story bar is nice but was under-utilized most evenings. Spa is excellent - such a treat at the end of day. Did miss afternoon tea & cake as this is always a nice opportunity to chat to other guests about their day & swop tips. would spend a bit more to have that included.

Real treat to have Absolu sport bring up our ski equipment and put in our locker ready for 1st morning and we left it all for them to collect on last afternoon - great service.
Last but absolutely not least is the food. 4 courses of the most delicious food - like Master Chef quality every night - fab 3rd course of cheese & good reasonably priced wine list. Congrats to the chef & highly efficient waiters/waitresses .
Thanks for having us.

Date of stay: February 2020
PASCAL CASALI, Propriétaire at Hotel L'ours Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2020

Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. I am happy to hear that you were pleased with L'Ours Blanc look and feel. I'm also pleased to hear about the kind remarks of our staff, as we always aim to deliver exceptional customer service. We are glad that you enjoyed the spa, the facilities, the food and the service.

Yet, I was very dismayed to learn that we failed to meet your expectations at 100%. We aim to wow our guests and strive to make each stay a memorable one. Indeed we do not provide an afternoon tea but we offer a welcome drink with homemade savouries to all our guests on Sunday.

It is with pleasure that we shared your commentary with all of our team, who were very touched.
Thank you again for your recommendation of L'Ours Blanc, and we can't wait to welcome you back again soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 10 February 2020

I thought long and hard before writing this review.

Firstly I can see why people love this hotel. Ski-in ski-out, comfortable rooms, really first class restaurant, excellent bar and restaurant service and comfortable lounge area. The bar prices were really quite reasonable.

My criticisms are all things that weren't an issue in my previous hotel in Les Menuires a couple of years ago, nor in the ski hotel I stayed in the week after my visit here in a different resort:
1) this hotel has terrible wifi, sometimes difficult even to check email or post a picture
2) there are no cooked options for breakfast, save boil your own eggs
3) there is no skiers afternoon tea provided
4) there are no reading lights in the room. The wall-mounted lamps are too high, and it was impossible to read in bed without the main light on, which of course is positioned to throw shadows when reading
5) the daily menu if taking half-board offered no choice of main course. Having said that, all the food was really delicious.
6) my room was next to the ancient, noisy elevator (which was turned off at midnight) so if I wanted an good-night's sleep to ski all day I had to wear ear plugs

I think if I returned to Les Menuires I would choose one of the hotels further up the hill in Reberty.

Room tip: Not next to the lift
Date of stay: January 2020
1  Thank rdk1
OBMENUIRES, Responsable réception at Hotel L'ours Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2020

Dear client,

Thank you for your comments which will obviously help us improve our daily service. Please find our comments below.

1) The moutain copper network system of FranceTelecom is very damaged and unfortunately we are unable to provide a faster wifi connexion until they do something about it.

2) All products on the buffet breakfast are homemade, this being an internal choice other than providing a cooked breakfast which would obviously add to the total cost of the half board.

3) We do not provide an afternoon tea, however we offer each of our guests a welcome drink and a four course evening meal including a refined cheese trolley. Once again, all dishes are homemade on the premises.

4) In each room, there are two wall-mounted lamps and one bedside lamp.

5) If the daily half board menu does not suit our guests, it is possible to make changes at the reception.

6) We are so sorry that you were disturbed between 9 p.m and midnight by our elevator.

Thank you for your visit.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 3 February 2020

I come here since more than 20 years. Every year they improved something, which upgraded the hotel stepwise over time. Now the spa - really excellent addition, though the (outdoor) jacuzzi could have been 2 degrees wormer for me.
Very good sleeping quality - cozy bedrooms!
Excellent foor - also here a super progress over the years!
Still not perfect: weak WiFi; outdated infrastructure of the bathroom and toilet; boring always-the-same breakfast. But the friendly personnel makes up for it!
I cross my fingers that it will continue improving with the new owners!!!!

Date of stay: January 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
OBMENUIRES, Responsable réception at Hotel L'ours Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2020

Dear Philip,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at the hotel L’Ours Blanc.

We appreciate your kind remarks and are delighted to hear your overall experience at our hotel was positive. Most important for us is the guest experience, rest assured that I will share your kind comments.

We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 31 March 2019

Has to be the only place in the world that I can eat ( and enjoy!) a salad. Have the same each year and it still never fails to impress. Good food all round even if salads are not your thing. Sitting and eating on the sun terrace here is hard to beat- weather permitting!
Never stayed in the hotel but it looks as though it's a place I'd like to.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Richard W
OBMENUIRES, Responsable réception at Hotel L'ours Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2020

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for the review and we are very glad that you enjoyed your meal.

All remarks are very precious and help us to continually improve our service. We would like to express our sincere appreciation for the time you have taken to write your own experience.

Reviewed 24 February 2019

We stayed for the second time in 3 years. The hotel was fully booked and it never felt like they were so busy they had no time to talk to you. It’s great to have a ski in ski out place. All your gear will get delivered and picked up from the hotel, they even arrange your ski pass!
The food is divine and well presented. You may think that the portions are a bit small but take it from me the 4 course dinners are filling and very tasty. Congrats to the chefs for their great food!
And you know what made my stay? There was a little incident at night with a drunken kid in one of the residences higher on the mountain... a drunken kid, a bottle thrown and a broken car window... but the owners took care of it and even paid and organised for the repair! In my book that is great service!
We are so happy we already have booked for the same period next year!

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Belgianlivingabroad
OBMENUIRES, Responsable réception at Hotel L'ours Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2019

Dear Sir,

Firstly, let me thank you for your time and excellent review about your stay with us at L'Ours Blanc.

We are delighted to read how much you enjoyed your experience with us.

Allow me to transmit your compliments to the entire team, and in particular to the restaurant.

Warm regards.