“Crystal and Fantasy Caves”

Crystal & Fantasy Caves
US$69.00*
and up
Crystal Caves, Aquarium, City of Hamilton and Ferry
More attraction details
Owner description: Travel 120 feet below the earth's surface and explore subterranean lakes and passageways.
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I love crystal caves and have visited "free" crystal caves in Bermuda but cruised in with the family this time and did the Crystal caves as part of our 4 hour day island tour. The caves are amazing but it is important to note, if you can not climb stairs or you have asthma (breathing issues) this is not the tour for you.
;-)

2  Thank Weddings008
Write a ReviewReviews (1,531)

Reviewed 5 September 2013

We took a ferry then the bus to Crystal Caves since it was a rainy day in Bermuda. it was a bit of a hike from the dockyards where our Cruise was docked. For the weather, it was a good time, but I would not pass up a great beach day for it. We waited on a very long line to purchase the tickets- apparently when the cruises are in town its not the best time to go but we had no choice as were visiting on a cruise. It was $20 or $22 for Crystal Caves and $30 to see both Crystal and the Fantasy Caves. For the small difference in price, we went with both. They were very nice and handed out umbrellas when it started to rain outside while waiting for the tour. There was a small café and gift shop to pass the time. Our tour guide was very sweet and charming and gave us great information on the history of the caves. One of the caves is 83 steps down and the other is 88 with places to rest in between. It didn't feel too strenuous. We got some great photos inside the cave and overall it was a nice time. The caves are pretty similar so probably just the one Crystal Cave would have been fine, but since it was raining it was a nice way to pass the time. If you want to visit more of Bermuda- its a great place to see with a pub right up the street. Taxis are right outside if you are pressed for time.

1  Thank Prlgirl
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I only went to Crystal cave instead of Fantasy cave as those that have gone before have advised me that both are similar. Cost for visiting a cave is $22, and the tour is about 30 min. It is likely better to go at a time when it was less crowded. When I went at about 2pm, it was a fully packed tour, so as you head down into the cave, you are constantly obstructed by people in front of you taking pictures with flashes. It makes it harder to hear the guide as well.
However, the natural beauty of this cave is still worth the visit despite the condition in which I had experienced.

1  Thank Super-V-Girl
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We recently toured both the crystal cave and the fantasy cave. Approximately 80 steps down. It was pretty comfortable but there were moments when I felt a little tight. I believe the crystal cave is the more popular of the two, as this was the one that had two groups at once cycle through (the latter trailing the former, but being passed once in the process).

I didn't spend the time to analyze it but our taxi told us that there is a fee ($22?) for one cave and a smaller markup to tour the second cave ($8?), with a lower rate for children. Our family of four cost $102 to tour.

I really preferred the fantasy cave better but believe the crystal cave is longer. I think the tour guide makes a big difference on your experience. You can't really pick your guide but I much preferred the relatively straight forward approach of our second guide to the more colorful style of our guide in the crystal cave. That said, I heard some people comment that they thought the first guide's style (e.g., having the group shout an incantation to turn the lights back on after turning them off, for effect) made it more interesting. For what it's worth, I enjoyed the tour guide named Jamon.

Our 14 year old found this to be a highlight to her vacation in Bermuda.

1  Thank chg411
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Worth the trip especially with kids. Beautiful caves and nice area to visit. Each cave is a little bit different and has its own quirks

1  Thank Tworivertravelers