• Pool
All reviewsdance floorhill countrybreakfast buffetthe riverrock wallpool areatennis courtslarge poollive bandmini fridgean older propertyfirst floorwafflescourtyardpoolsidecabanaingram
Reviewed 9 June 2015

I've stayed at The Inn of the Hills on two separate visits. I was happy with my stay both times. It's nothing fancy, but is a good place to stay when in the area.

The property is aging and could use some updating. Carpet and furnishings are dated but the room is very clean, maintained well and comfortable. Each had a table and chairs, a micro and fridge, perfect for late night snacks. My first stay was in a 2nd floor room near the pool/patio area and there is no elevator. The pool area is pretty with a waterfall and a great place to relax.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank LynnzieLu
Reviewed 9 June 2015

Our stay at the Inn of the Hills Hotel and Conference Center, although short was very enjoyable. I only wish we had had more time to try more of the amenities. The pool area was clean and well landscaped so that it was enjoyable sitting out on the patio overlooking the pool area. The restaurant and pub were both enjoyable and the restaurant staff extremely helpful. I would definitely recommend a visit to this hotel.

Room Tip: Request a loft room over the reception. Very unusual rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Karen F
Reviewed 23 May 2015

I stayed at this hotel during a conference. The rooms all have outside entrances. The property has several separate buildings with two floors. Definitely request a room that faces the courtyard - pool area. And there are no elevators, so if you will have an issue with the stairs, request a 1st floor room.

The room was updated. Plenty of accessible outlets to charge electronics. It was a different than a typical, generic hotel room, with stone walls and nice tile in the bathroom. The sheets were a little rough, but other than that, the linens and the room was nice. The bed was comfortable. The walls were thin, so you will hear your neighbor. I did not notice the musty smell at all. I was impressed with the room decor and quality for the reasonable price.
All of the staff I encountered was very friendly and helpful.

The conference center is a separate building. The hotel also includes a restaurant and bar -- I did not visit either of these. The wifi was free, but slow.

There are quite a few restaurants within a short drive.

I most definitely recommend this hotel if you find yourself in Kerrville!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the courtyard -- it's a nice view.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank BCDOhio
Reviewed 20 May 2015

clean comfortable in -town , above the crowd hotel and convention center. Great pool and patio. Great dance hall. Plentiful parking, easy access. Relaxing courtyard environs! I have stayed there for convention activity before and enjoy the hospitality!

Room Tip: request room away from maid cart pathways as they CLACK in the morning like a wake up gong!
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
Laura_Russell_GM, General Manager at Inn of the Hills Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2015

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments regarding your stay at the Inn of the Hills Hotel.
We work very hard to make every guest experience an effortless stay and we enjoy reading remarks indicating that we have been successful.

We are looking forward to be of service to you again very soon.

Reviewed 17 May 2015 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights. The hotel room was nice and clean. We really liked the stone wall and wood ceiling. Our only complaint was how loud the cleaning cart is when it comes by your room. It woke us up super early both mornings. I recommend a room overlooking the pool.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review the Inn of the Hills Hotel. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We apologize for the noise issues you mentioned. We found we had a cart that needed repair and we are currently resolving the issue. We appreciate your feedback as we continue to improve our guest experience.