Trail's End Guest House
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewstrails endback porchseveral times a yearhill countryjacuzzi tubdesireecabindvdstvfredericksburg
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 July 2015 via mobile

I booked this for my Mom's birthday. Two of my siblings & myself decided to take her to Fredericksburg because she had always wanted to go. This location is about 25-30 minutes out of Fredericksburg & was out of the city so we thoight it would be just the place. It was great for us. We stayed in The Retreat & loved it! The stars at night were amazing & both mornings we got up at 7 & had coffee on the huge deck & watched deer mingling with their donkeys. The beds & the couch were very comfortable. . This is a wonderful, peaceful place to just get away. The deck is huge with several tables & would be great for parties or reunions.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Brenda H
Reviewed 25 June 2015 via mobile

We stayed in the southwest room and had a great time our 2nd night as a married couple. Despite being connected to a larger house, unlike the other cabins offered on the same property, we nevertheless felt like we had all the privacy we needed. Huge portions for breakfast, delicious, and home cooked. I would recommend starting the hot tub as soon as you check into the room, as it takes some time to fill up

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank steelchefsupreme
Reviewed 4 May 2015

I recently had my 60th birthday. My girlfriend and I decided to stay a couple days in the Texas hill country. I went online and found some places in Fredericksburg, Tx I liked, but she found this place. Upon driving into the property we weren't expecting much, but room was nice inside. Exterior of property needed some repairs deck, tree trimming, more lighting, and spraying of fire ant beds( mixture of orange oil and vinegar works good for that.) My girlfriend is a very good cook so breakfast that was delivered (husband was kind of a grump) was ok, eggs were kind of funky. I didn't know what to expect in Kerrville, but it was boring. If you go into Kerrville, the Grape Juice restaurant is good and if you have a dog you can take in on their outdoor patio. On my 65th we will probably go back to hill country but stay at a place in Fredericksburg.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2015

My wife and I chose Trails End for our 21st Anniversary weekend. We couldn't have made a better choice. If you are looking for a commercial, ascetically perfect destination, look elsewhere. If you want a relaxing, tranquil setting that is also beautiful, look no further. We had the pleasure of staying in the Southwest Room which was appointed nicely and had a very tasty and generous breakfast prepared and delivered to our room by one of the owners. The place is rustic and it takes a bit for the hot water to warm up but who is in a hurry in this environment anyway??
The property is also a working goat ranch, which we thought was pretty cool as well.
Anyone that is thinking about a peaceful getaway for their anniversary or any other reason would be doing themselves a favor by checking this place out.

Room Tip: There are several stand alone cabins away from the main house if you cherish your privacy but we stayed directly adjacent to the main house and it still felt as if we were there alone.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jmitchpen1013
Reviewed 1 January 2015

Really enjoyed our stay. We arrived the day after Christmas and we were exhausted. The room was immaculate the food was heavenly. Everything we needed was right there and did not have to ask for a single thing. Can't find anything at to complain about except it was cold and that was out of the owners control. We plan on going back in a couple of month's and will continue to stay there from now on as we go several times a year.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple