“Good Cajun Food”
Review of Fish Place at Atascocita - CLOSED

Fish Place at Atascocita
Reviewed 5 October 2016

I go here often. They are quick. The food is fresh and hot. The Boudin balls are my favorite! I also love the crawfish etoufee. The facility is clean. First class!

Date of visit: June 2016

Reviewed 5 October 2016

Impressive food in a strip mall restaurant. The catfish is very tasty and not greasy. I liked the cornmeal/flour combo breaking. Other things I've tried that are very good.... Red beans and rice, onion rings (not greasy), green beans (FRESH green beans!!), and hush puppies. I took my 90 year old mom to eat there. She ordered the biggest seafood platter they sell ($19.95) and loved it! She took more than half home. I highly recommend this Fish Place. I think I remember that they have lunch specials too until 3:00 pm. Yum for less $$.

Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

Never realized it was there as the place is not advertised or spoken about much amongst my friends and neighbors.

I am very picky when it comes to fried catfish. This place met my standards. The catfish fillets were fresh, flaky and had no muddy taste at all. The breading was a bit thicker than I prefer, however the exterior was very crispy and was not greasy at all.

For sides I selected the green beans and red beans and rice. Green beans are fresh and were cooked still slightly crispy with a nice charred finish. The red beans and rice were delicious. A very slight smokey hint to beans with perfect texture.

They serve beer and wine, however stay away from the wine. Only selection is some rot-gut from Gruene Texas. Smelled and tasted like acetone. The manager/owner (not sure) grudgingly replaced selection, however unprofessionally walked away muttering under his breath. Even though he could use some lessons in customer service, the girls behind the counter were very nice, service-oriented and professional.

Not much on ambience, however the place is clean and very well maintained. More of a diner atmosphere.

Will definitely return, to try other fish entrees and perhaps some étouffée. Will get a beer or water with order in future.

Reviewed 11 September 2016

Our family dined Saturday afternoon and we all enjoyed our food. The Gumbo was really good, the catfish perfect, the stuffed shrimp was perfect and the onion rings were the best. Fair prices and casual atmosphere. We will return when we visit from Austin.

Reviewed 1 September 2016

great every time I good the cashier is very knowledge about the food and the calories, and the ingredients in the food so just ask her she will recommend whats good that day

Date of visit: August 2016