“Great Thai Food”
Review of Nara Thai Dining

Nara Thai Dining
Ranked #28 of 326 Restaurants in Humble
Reviewed 3 January 2018

Whenever my wife and I are in Humble we always try and get to Nara. They have the best Thai food we have found in the Houston area. Love the yellow curry and many of the lunch specials. Very highly recommended.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Our empty nesters group had dinner last night. We had a group of twelve. They had our set-up ready when we walked in the door. Everyone enjoyed their meal. Their extensive menu has a wonderful variety of both spicy and mild dishes. Everyone said let's keep this place in our rotation. I had the mango shrimp which was great. Nine large shrimp and an interesting mix of the mango and vegetables.

1  Thank russ n
Reviewed 23 May 2017

I really wanted to like this place as I enjoy most types of Asian cuisine. I will admit my experience is limited to the US. However, the couple that was with us had spent quite a bit of time in Thailand and they were not impressed either. It started with us walking in the door. We were not escorted to our table. The guy at the bar pointed to a table across the room and it was up to us to figure out which one he meant. The atmosphere is OK - sparse in decor and the chairs are mismatched. Our initial service was good but after food was served, we never really saw our server. The Tom Yum soup was nothing like I had ever seen - chicken pieces in tomato broth. The couple that was with us didn't recognize it either, The menu said "jasmine rice" would be served with certain entrees. We received regular white steamed rice and the server told us they were the same thing. No, they are not. We have all had jasmine rice before and this wasn't it. I had the Seafood Pad Thai and this was the first time I had tried it. Is it supposed to be so sweet? Noodles and seafood were terribly overcooked except for the scallops. The mussels and squid were rubbery and the mussels had a muddy flavor. I couldn't finish them. I did enjoy the Thai dumplings as an appetizer and the couple with us had the wings and enjoyed those as well. My husband had the green curry and said it was OK. Maybe this was just a bad night. I read all the reviews and was really looking forward to going to this restaurant. I'm not sure I will go back.

Reviewed 19 December 2016 via mobile

Excellent CK Pad Thai, CK Pad See Ew, too salty lemon grass soup, only thing that was off. Nice, clean, airy place. Excellent service and prices!! Will return when in Houston.

Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

Nice lunch menu, had Thai Hot Red Curry and my wife had medium hot Yellow Curry. Both were very nice.

Try Nara Thai Dining, you will thank me.