“Ain't Fancy”
Review of Hippo Burgers

Hippo Burgers
Ranked #9 of 306 Restaurants in Humble
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Just a little dive of a place where you can get a really old fashioned burger. Real hamburger meat and a homemade taste! Takeouts are easy. Last takeout was fresh and hot! However, might be a little too salty for some. Tell cook "ez" on the salt.

1  Thank Joel S

Reviewed 14 August 2017

My co-workers eat here often, freshly made NOT frozen, I recommend the avocado burger and cajun fries. try it all...

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

I was reluctant in going as the place sits in a small center and not fancy at all. However, the burgers we had were exceptional. I had the Hippo Blue Burger and it came with thick bacon strips and just right on the Blue Cheese. Wife had the Hippo Avocado and it looked great, not messy and with exceptional taste. Garlic fries along with the chili cheese were also good. The portion were sized perfect.

You will not be disappointed!!!

1  Thank Cypressman
Reviewed 23 July 2017

We were looking up 'best burger places' in Humble, Tx and Hippo Burgers came up. The reviews sounded good so we gave it a try. If you're going here for the ambiance you'll be disappointed. However, you WON'T be disappointed in the food!!! I had the Hippo Blue Burger and my husband had the Hippo Special. We split an order of the Garlic Fries. Oh my goodness! The burgers are HUGE! I immediately thought we should have ordered just one burger and split it....but we ended up eating the whole thing!!! Delicious!!! Generous portions of real bacon and tons of blue cheese!I Please try the garlic fries. Unbelievably good!! I counted 9 tables in the place, not real big. People were coming in continuously for orders to take out. There was one girl at the counter taking orders and delivering them to tables, and I saw about 5 workers/cooks in the back kitchen. Our family HIGHLY recommends checking this place out!

Reviewed 19 July 2017

the four of us tried this place out on the recommendation of a friend and boy are we glad we did! They have the best burgers i've had in ages! definitely will be back. If you haven't tried this place you are only hurting yourself lol