“Birthday dinner ”

Add it.
Shogun Japanese Grill & Sushi Bar
Ranked #115 of 326 Restaurants in Humble
Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

Service was fantastic and the food was oh so delicious ! The chefs are very entertaining and we had a great time. Their drink selection is on point with a great variety. The Chocolate Martini was perfection!

Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

Went for a birthday celebration. The table made it enjoyable and the chef was comical but the food was extremely salty and I expected way more for the price point. Miso soup is tasty but the salad dressing was to sweet.

Rarely a wait so easy to get in and out.

1  Thank thescoop01
Reviewed 13 January 2017

This is a new restaurant and I was eager to try it, but it disappointed me. It had been a while since I have eaten Hibachi so i was looking forward to the experience. We went in for a late lunch, so it was not busy. We were seated in a timley manner and sat at the grill.
Let me start off by saying the lunch menu is much more affordable than the dinner menu. Their menu if fairly standard to other Hibachi restaurants, and nothing special stood out. However, at most Hibachi places I remember soup and salad coming with the meal, and here it was only one or the other (but that may have been due to it being lunch time). The waiter took our orders and I ordered sushi for an appetizer. The cook didn't come out for about 15 minutes after that. After we ordered the waiter came back and said only one person at the table could have a salad because they ran out. I got the salad, and the dressing might have well been water. Not good at all.
The cook came out and did his thing. It was pretty average, nothing new in terms of showmanship. What I didn't like at all was how the cook didn't give us any of the dipping sauces for the meat or vegetables until after he was all done cooking. So by that time the food was not hot anymore. I also ordered my steak medium rare and it came out rare. I was fine with it, but just saying.
That appetizer I ordered never even came out to me until i finished eating my meal. almost an hour after I ordered it! I saw it sitting on the sushi bar for about 20 minutes with numerous servers walking by it, but nobody bothered to pick it up. By the time I had my bill it showed up at my table, but obviously I didn't want it anymore.
The food was fine, but the service, and lack of organization was horrendous. I hope they figure it out soon or I don't see them staying in business for very long.

Reviewed 12 December 2016 via mobile

Our family goes to Shoguns at least twice each month and it's always a good meal. The staff is always professional and eager to please the customers.

Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

I will start by saying that I read many reviews about this place before going and was much more impressed than I expected. To begin, the cook offered a very nice show, was highly engaged and overall pleasant. He changed up the show from what I have come to expect going to the similar competitor. I saved over an hours drive by not going to Woodlands for this dinner and kept dollars at our local business which is also a plus. The steak and chicken was fantastic with superb taste. The shrimp appetizers were fabulous with the right texture and succulent flavor expected. The house dressing was delicious and just the right amount. The portions more than satisfied.

The service was exceptional to include the wait staff and hostess. Very please with the experience and happy that they opened up in Atascocita.

Thank you for such a wonderful and memorable experience!