Westin Galleria Houston Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
1,026 results
All reviewsheavenly bedself parkinglocation is greatrooms are largeeasy accessbusiness centerhotel restaurantbusiness tripenjoyed my stayconferencevaletgymgarageconveniencestarbucksproscons
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Affordable, clean, well run hotel was the perfect venue to attend a professional conference.
Rooms for meetings were clean, comfortable chairs and had good acoustics. Worth staying here. Friendly staff.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Mark W, General Manager at Westin Galleria Houston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Greetings; Thanks for the feedback, I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the hotel and the conference facilities. Our Banquet and Events teams work very hard to make every conference a success and I know your positive feedback about the team will mean a great deal to them...

Thanks for sharing!

Reviewed 4 March 2018

nice property close to Williams Tower, the mall was nice to have so close too, nice fitness room that was quite busy too, using uber from the airport worked great
Will definitely stay here next trip for business

Stayed: February 2018

Tim; Thanks for sharing your most recent experience, I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the hotel and that you will be back again. The hotels location attached to the Galleria Mall is definitely a feature that many of our guests enjoy for its ease of access to the world class shopping that the Galleria offers. We do also see a great deal of business travelers at the hotel who enjoy the hotels proximity to many area office towers and local business's. We are in the midst of building a brand new fitness room on the 24th floor of the hotel which will debut in early April. The new Westin Workout will have great views of the Galleria skylines and state of the art equipment. The new Westin Workout is the next area to be renovated, to date we have completed all of the guestrooms, the lobby and are currently working on our new Westin Club Lounge which will also debut in April.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 10 nights while on a business trip and overall had a very comfortable stay.
Check in and check out was very smooth, room was large and clean and had a good size bathroom and shower. The hotel is part of the Galleria shopping center ( which is huge) so there are plenty of shops and restaurants near by. The hotel does have a small bar where you can get a bite to eat. Breakfast can be gotten from the Daily Grill restaurant which is actually in Shopping center but is linked to room so you can charge it back to your room if you want. The hotel is about 8 miles from downtown Houston and is about $15 in a Uber outside of rush hour.

One key tip, when checking in make sure you sign up with SPG because internet is $15 per night. However when I was checking out I said I was a SPG member and the daily charges got took off my bill ( in fairness I don’t believe hotels should be charging for internet but anyway)

Overall I would recommend hotel.

Stayed: March 2018
Mark W, General Manager at Westin Galleria Houston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2018

Greetings; thank you for sharing your feedback, I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit, we continue to get very good feedback about the newly renovated guestrooms and new lobby, I was glad to read that you were able to enjoy a quick bite in our new lobby bar. The hotel no longer offers complimentary Wi-Fi within the guestrooms, it is now $14.95 a day. We do however offer internet complimentary to all our Platinum & Gold Starwood Preferred Guest members and to everyone who uses SPG.COM to book their reservation.

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

I just returned from this property after a two day convention. Check-in was flawless and room was nice. The cover on the bed was super heavy, so if you like the swaddled feel then you’re in great shape. I was surprised to see men working on the roof that literally butted up to my window. We were eye-to-eye. It was a bit shocking and a heads-up from the front desk that workers were there would have been appreciated. The property is literally inside the Houston Galleria, so heavy traffic is expected. I had a map from the hotel on where to park for free in the parking garage. The signage, however, was sparse (at best) and confusing. After winding through a parking garage for ten minutes not finding any parking spots and having no confidence that I was even in the correct garage to access the hotel, I finally resorted to valet. Drop-off was fine. The staff was helpful and polite. Departure the following day was a nightmare. After paying nearly $43 to park overnight it took about 40 minutes for the car to be retrieved. Our conference and another had let out simultaneously leaving the valet desk swamped. I approached the front desk letting them know that help was needed outside. I got a very hands up response of, “Oh, that’s a private company. You’ll have to deal with them directly.” I’ve managed hotels and these issues are planned for in weekly staffing. If you have a large turnover at one time you plan accordingly. I was disappointed to leave on such a sour note and with the hands off approach of the hotel staff.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Mark W, General Manager at Westin Galleria Houston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Greetings Jill; thank you for the feedback, I was pleased to read that the check-in experience was flawless and that you really enjoyed the newly renovated guestrooms. I do apologize about the oversights on our part in neglecting to share with you that contractors would be working on the adjacent roof top and do sincerely apologize that our valet parking teams were not prepared for the volume of attendees departing the hotel from the conference. Our valet parking company does an exceptional job and we typically get great feedback about the valet operation, it is evident that we were not staffed correctly for the number of guests picking up their cars and for that that I sincerely do apologize. I do appreciate the feedback and do apologize for our recent miss-steps your feedback will assist me tremendously in providing some coaching to the teams.

Reviewed 7 February 2018

Westin Galleria Houston has always been a great hotel to stay out. Unfortunately in their recent remodel, they took out most of their bathtubs so the Heavenly Bath is now just a shower. I was told they could not guarantee a tub. I had a reservation thru my Starwood account paying a high rate for a Sat & Sun night and asked Starwood for a full refund which they said would happen since they could not accommodate a need. I have yet to receive the refund from the hotel. I thought they were more customer oriented and understanding. I hope to see the refund soon as I really do like the hotel & their service & location.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Shari M
Mark W, General Manager at Westin Galleria Houston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Greetings Shari; I do apologize that we were not able to confirm a bath tub for your recent reservation, we do note all requests and do our very best to accommodate them all. The hotel did indeed do away with a great many of the former bath tubs, we transitioned 75% of all our guestroom bathrooms to walk- in showers in order to meet our customers demands & expectations. We did ensure that we left over 100 rooms with bath tubs to accommodate specific guest requests. I do sincerely apologize that we were not able to meet your request for a bath tub on this recent stay and will ensure that we get the refund processed.