Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
All reviewsdouble treefront deskfull kitchenroom servicethe executive loungevalet stafflobby bargreat customer serviceearly checkper dayhome away from homebusiness tripvalet parkingfitness centerpinkyrenovationhousekeeping
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

I used to stay here a LOT. I don't think it ever recovered from post Katrina occupation. It tgen remodelked (seemed to take forever and honest not seeing major benefits) and during my last stay whilst staff were v friendly and efficient, 2 of the 4 elevators Permanently out, room not cleaned v well (certain items from last guest still to be found in the room !). And he earl fabric not great. I historically stay there for convenient location and hhonord points but I need to look elsewhere. Hilton post oak v acceptable but was full.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank tony r
5353HOU, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Houston by the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

We do apologize and thank you for your feedback. We are currently modernizing our elevators to perform to expectations.

Reviewed 2 March 2018

We recently held a company training event (collaboration among three public companies with a total market cap of nearly 20B) at this location. The event started at 8am, ended at 2pm and included continental breakfast and lunch. The food was excellent as were the service and accommodations. Our catering manager, Gemma, was very attentive and ensured that the experience was flawless. I would definitely recommend this Doubletree location for similar Corporate events!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Blake H, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Houston by the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Hi rickallan1,

Thank you for choosing DoubleTree Houston Galleria for your recent company training event. We appreciate your compliments on the service you received and look forward to future opportunities to accommodate you. Travel safely and join us again soon.

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

As a gold member, I was thankful to be upgraded to a Suite, which was nice and clean when I arrived... BUT after second full day there, when I returned to my room and found it once again not cleaned, I had to go down to front desk and ask for maid service to please come - mostly because I need my coffee in the morn. When I got back to my room late that night, they had sent maid service and made the bed but that was it. Garbage wasn't emptied (I'm conscientious of not leaving my empty coffee cups and water bottles lying around so the recycled side of garbage was obviously overflowing) counters not wiped down and no coffee left for following morning. I could deal with that being worst part of my stay but NO HOT WATER! So I took cold/very Luke warm at best, quick showers my entire stay. Come on Hilton. You are better than that.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank shellbell8
Blake H, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Houston by the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Hi shellbell8,

Thank you for sharing your review of your stay with us in uptown Houston. We appreciate your comments on our well appointed suites and accommodations. However, we do see that you encountered a challenge with housekeeping during your stay. We have followed up with our team to ensure we are taking every opportunity to improve and hope to have the chance to welcome you back in the future so we may demonstrate our efforts.

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

We really love our room at the Doubletree. Got a suite with a kitchen. That part is very good. The elevators consistently took a very long time to come. People would have to crowd in when one finally came. The A/C seemed to be out in the lobby also. Other than those two things we have enjoyed our stay and will return. It is close to the Galleria mall which is a great place to shop.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Blake H, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Houston by the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

Hi Bill L,

Thank you for sharing your review of your experience with us at DoubleTree Houston Galleria. We're happy to hear that you are enjoying your suite and our convenient location to The Galleria. We have shared your other feedback with the team and look forward to our next opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

Had a great experience staying here for 3 nights! At check in, I was told since I would be staying a few nights that they would upgrade me to a suite for no extra charge, and it was fantastic! The employees there were mostly very helpful, with Pinky being one in particular who worked with me. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Blake H, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Houston by the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Hi Oneofthosetravelers,

Thank you for sharing your review of your experience with us in Houston. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your 3 night stay in your upgraded suite and received outstanding service from the team. We look forward to your return and meeting all your expectations once again.