“Authentic Indian”

Ranked #290 of 8,378 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$9 - US$15
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Description: Aga's Restaurant & Catering has been serving authentic Indian and Pakistani cuisine in Houston since 1997 . Our menu is 100% Zabiha Halal and is available for dine-in, carry-out, delivery and catering. We serve authentic Indian and Pakistani food, including popular vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes. From grilled goat chops and biryanis to sizzlers and curries, experience Houston's best Indian and Pakistani cuisine at Aga's: * Dine-in, Take-out, Delivery, Catering * Casual Dining Atmosphere * Lunch specials including chicken and beef rolls, BBQ rice combos, soups and salads, chicken, beef and goat curry, salad, naan and rice, and desserts Our restaurant has two large seating areas. Our semi-private seating area is dedicated to families and private parties. It is available at no charge for private parties for up to 125 people. We also deliver food and cater for weddings, birthdays, corporate events, social events and graduation parties. We serve quality Indian and Pakistani food with 100% Halal meats, and the ingredients we use are always fresh. Please come in and enjoy the best Indian and Pakistani food in Houston. For an authentic Indian and Pakistani food, sure-to-please dining experience in Houston, visit Aga's Restaurant & Catering.
Reviewed 12 October 2017

Before reading this review just know that I am an Indian student (Aggie for those who know us, Gig'em) more than 10k km away from my country and always in search of good Indian food. I have been to several Indian restaurants around Texas. This was one of the best.
The interior décor is good and the staff friendly. The food was great. As a vegetarian I ordered the Paneer Tikka, Samosa Chat, Garlic Naan and a sweet lassi. All of them were pretty close to what you would get in India. I would definitely recommend the Samosa Chat even if you're not vegetarian.
My friends who ordered some lamb and chicken dishes also enjoyed their food. The quantity was decent. Spiciness is medium and you can ask for more or less hot dishes. Each of us spent 25$ on average. But at the end, had a full tummy and several to-go boxes, with our dinner for the night sorted.
The only downside would be that is a bit on the pricier side for a college student like me but for all you people with jobs go and have fun.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

I lived on southwest Houston for 9 years and finally make it to aga's.
I can believe what I was missing on
Great place. Great food, and great atmósfera
I fully recommend it

Reviewed 14 September 2017

When I walked in I felt a bit intimidated because it seems like this restaurant is more for the local Indian community. But as we sat on our table we felt at home....the smells and tastes of home made recipes, delicious! It was a great find. Typical and traditional dishes, made perfectly.
Service was fast, staff was very firendly.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

I had birthday today , I want to celebrate with my whole family first time in my life . I choose this restaurant because I show menu is good I ought for veg and non veg people . But half of veg item wasn't available at 8pm . I don't know what kind of restaurant is this which has food out of order . All my food was cold and very mind not Indian test at all sorry but I was totally disappointed other them spend some quality time with my family .

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

A restaurant can't get more authentic than hiring employees from the region as per the cuisine they serve. Their diverse choice between curries and tikkas between chicken, beef and lamb might make you want to spend an extra hundred over your budget.
We got the lamb brain, mixed BBQ platter, bullet naan and their tawa paratha.
The East Indian spicy is on the extreme so beware of asking your chef to spice up the dish than it is already.