“Good Southern Indian Lunch Buffet”
Review of Udipi Cafe

Udipi Cafe
Ranked #1,517 of 8,693 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Buffet
Dining options: Buffet
Reviewed 19 May 2016

The food on this lunch buffet is fantastic, but the selections are limited. A freshly made masala dosa comes with the meal. It gets crowded - because the food is really good.

Reviewed 10 February 2016

I will start this review by saying that I didn't realize until after I was seated that this was a vegetarian restaurant. Also, it is a buffet, which is not what I wanted. I am unfamiliar with Indian food and wanted to know what I was trying. With that said, I must say that what I did eat was not what I was expecting and not very pleasing. It may be great if you really like vegetarian Indian food, but I was disappointed.

1  Thank Bill J
Reviewed 26 January 2016

We LOVE this place. We will drive 2 hours to come here, we think it is that good. Anytime you go to a retsaraunt specializing in a particular type of ethnic cuisine and the majority of patrons are of that ethniticity, you know you're in a good place. THE best vegetarian Indian food I have ever had. My Son loved it and is very picky! The buffet is perfect, that is all we ever get. The "bread" you can order is sooooooooooo good! LOVE the people that work there, English may not be great for some but, the service is. Some can be a tad spicy, but it's a spicy that never seemed to sit with me, if you know what I mean....... didn't make me sick. Great place to go, would reccoment for anyone.

Reviewed 5 November 2015 via mobile

They have an excellent lunch buffet at around 9 bucks which is fairly reasonable for the varieties they offer. Staff is extremely courteous and polite which I really like.
The food has an authentic Indian taste.
Will definitely go again during my next visit.

Reviewed 8 October 2015

I love this place.

As I was trying each dish (which are continually varied) I was trying to figure out which I liked best. Each time I tried one, it was my new favorite.

White linen table service for $8.99 and a free Mysore Masala Dosa? You cannot beat it.