1,847 results
All reviewsmonarch restaurantblack labelhermann parkrice universityroom serviceturn down servicemedical centerwithin milesfavorite hotelmile radiusthe entire staffshuttle servicegreat customer servicefree shuttlesuitevaletconcierge
Reviewed 24 May 2016 via mobile

Just checked out! I must say each time I visit I'm blowed away all over again. I've been coming her since 2007. This time I was surprised with cake and wine. Thought my friends had sent it. But no.. It was the Hotel. An I didn't even tell them it was my Birthday. Thanks Again!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
ZaZaHouston, Manager at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2016

Nicole,

Thank you for the review. Glad that we can always blow you away when you stay at the Z. It's the special touches like the surprise wine and cake that make for a memorable occasion. Please make sure to stop by the next time you are ready to celebrate another monumental event.

Reviewed 22 May 2016

We've stayed at the Zaza several times now over the last three or four years because it is a deluxe riot: Chic, sophisticated, quirky, creative, great location (especially for MD Anderson or other Houston Medical-ville visits) and always very comfortable with attentive professional service. Once they upgraded me to a large two-room suite for no reason. The courtesy SUVs with Texas Longhorns on the front grilles alone are a must-ride and worth the price of a room. However, this last stay (May '16) things weren't a flawless as they've been in the past. Nothing major, but a light out in the room, a flappable bellman, restaurant dinner service and even food that was less than what we've come to expect. I trust they'll get it back to perfect.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Ann K
ZaZaHouston, Manager at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2016

Ann,

Thank you for the review. We are delighted to learn that you think so highly of the Z. There are so many unique and quirky pieces that go into making our Hotel a once of a kind. Regarding the minor inconvenience you experience, I will make sure to make note of it and share it with our management team. The next time you are in the neighborhood, please make sure to stop by as we will ensure that you are treated to another signature experience.

Reviewed 19 May 2016 via mobile

There is a mysterious and slightly dark edge to ZaZa that is really intriguing. The hotel is elegant while at the same time, filled with eccentric touches. We loved our two nights here. The room was so comfortable we honestly stayed in it for most of our time there! We had a corner suite with an amazing view of the park. Room service was exceptional and I fell in love with our giant bathroom and soaker tub!

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
ZaZaHouston, Manager at Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2016

Shawn,

Thank you for the review. From the sounds of it, you definitely had a comfortable and very unique time at the Z. There are so many unique touches that go into each guest stay that make for an unforgettable experience. The next time you are ready to escape, please make sure to keep us in mind as we will ensure that you are treated to another unique experience.

Reviewed 18 May 2016

In the many trips that I have taken to Houston I have never thought to stay in this area and honestly would never have stayed here had it not been for a meeting close to this location. The hotel and the service was absolutely spectacular (with the exception of the restaurant but that is in another review). The location as mentioned is beautiful but it is a little far from everything with the exception of the museums so when you book here don't be expecting to go down the street for breakfast or dinner before the restaurant opens or for a quick morning latte, the nearest coffee shop was a number of blocks away and the nearest restaurant other than the property restaurant was not in walking distance.

The service here was exceptional and the staff extremely friendly, they have a shuttle service that will take you anywhere around the hotel for free but it is only available during certain hours and that 5:30am I need a coffee was not one of those times, but the staff for the most part was amazing. I say for the most part as there was one bartender that sucked but he was the minority.

The room that I had was an end room and was huge with a beautiful view of the fountain on the 8th floor. The hotel is very nicely decorated and the amenities were very nice with cold beer and a note in my room upon arrival, pity I don't drink beer.

I was not at all impressed by The Monarch and that was the downside to what was otherwise a very pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Go for one of the end rooms if possible, they are huge with great views.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business

SouthbroomNatal,

Thank you for the review. We are delighted to learn that you experienced only the best service from our team. With that being said, beyond the minor inconveniences you experienced, I am glad that you enjoyed our guest amenities, and hotel location. Please make sure to keep us in mind the next time you are in Houston, as we will ensure that you are treated to another signature experience.

Reviewed 18 May 2016

We went to Houston for a wedding at the Hotel ZaZa and we also spent the night there. The location is perfect near the medical center. I understand it is an old building but it has been totally remodeled. Rooms and furnishing are beautiful. Extremely comfortable bed. The hotel let us check in early and that was very helpful. Fitness center is modern with good equipment. The pool area rocks - lots of people and great service. Service was always great - front desk, pool area, reception and dinner. Would definitely stay again at Hotel ZaZa.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends

Michael,

Thank you for the review. I am glad that you had an opportunity to not only experience our fabulous rooms, but also our event space. There is no other place like the Z. Sweet and unique surprises, like early check-ins are always a nice and helpful treat. I am glad that we could make that accommodation for you. Don't be shy and stop by the Z the next time you are in town, as we will ensure that you are treated to another signature experience.