“Hi-marks for Lo-pez Mexican restaurant!”

Lopez Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #167 of 8,357 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Had the chicken tortilla soup: 3.5 out of 5.
Margaritas were great...perfect blend
Guac rocked
My wife's chicken enchiladas were too cheesy, as is my title for this review.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

The food and the service are second to none! I have been a frequent customer of Lopez Mexican restaurant for 40 years and it remains consistently great. True Tex - Mex as it used to be.

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

I've been dining at Lopez since 2000. It is one of the top five places in the Houston area to get Tex-Mex in my opinion. My favorite is the Enchiladas Verdes (Chicken). For starters get some chips and queso with chucks of fajita beef. Everything on the menu is fresh and the quality is consistent. I have always had impeccable service here over the years. The owner is often at the door greeting his customers when they arrive. Just all around a tremendous dining experience for lunch, dinner or cooking cocktails. My kids love eating at Lopez as well.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

This is a popular Tex-Mex restaurant that has really grown to a huge eatery. The menu is basic Tex-Mex not really authentic Mexican. Good food, not spicy. My husband and I found it sort of bland. Our friends would not have wanted hot n' spicy. The salad dishes looked yummy. The staff was friendly and polite. The bathroom was spotless and I bet the kitchen is too. We would go back. Enjoyable food , pretty restaurant, nice evening.

1  Thank mfayrweather
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

My family and I have visited this place before and what a great family owned business that provides great service and has great homemade food. If you have not tried it I definitely recommend you do soon.