“The best Tex Mex in the Houston area”

Lopez Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #136 of 8,398 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 8 September 2017

The food and the service are second to none! I have been a frequent customer of Lopez Mexican restaurant for 40 years and it remains consistently great. True Tex - Mex as it used to be.

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

I've been dining at Lopez since 2000. It is one of the top five places in the Houston area to get Tex-Mex in my opinion. My favorite is the Enchiladas Verdes (Chicken). For starters get some chips and queso with chucks of fajita beef. Everything on the menu is fresh and the quality is consistent. I have always had impeccable service here over the years. The owner is often at the door greeting his customers when they arrive. Just all around a tremendous dining experience for lunch, dinner or cooking cocktails. My kids love eating at Lopez as well.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

This is a popular Tex-Mex restaurant that has really grown to a huge eatery. The menu is basic Tex-Mex not really authentic Mexican. Good food, not spicy. My husband and I found it sort of bland. Our friends would not have wanted hot n' spicy. The salad dishes looked yummy. The staff was friendly and polite. The bathroom was spotless and I bet the kitchen is too. We would go back. Enjoyable food , pretty restaurant, nice evening.

1  Thank mfayrweather
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

My family and I have visited this place before and what a great family owned business that provides great service and has great homemade food. If you have not tried it I definitely recommend you do soon.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

I've been going to Lopez for 30 years. It is a southwest Houston institution. The Food is second to none as is the service and Lopez family. You can't go wrong with any dish, yet it's hard for me not to order beef ir cheese enchiladas. If you're in Houston, take a trip to the southwest side and eat here. You won't be disappointed.