“Best Bao I ever tasted (I'm chinese and i've had many of those bao in my life)”
Review of Fat Bao

Fat Bao
Ranked #110 of 8,661 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 26 September 2017

I arrived in Houston for USAT4 event (college station) on the 21st of Sept, and it's the first thing I decided to visit. It was 2:30pm so I got in just in time for lunch special, and let me tell you, the price is awesome. 3 Bao combo for only little over $10 included side (choice of salad, chip or something else i don't remember). I had Roast Duck, Crab, and Pork Belly bao for the 3 bao combo and it was the best thing I ever had (in term of bao of course and believe me I had those alot before especially the roast duck aka Peking duck). Everything was made to order, it was fresh, the duck skin is crispy, crab was breaded perfectly and fried to perfection (i even at the shell because it was so soft). Pork belly is so perfect just the way it was suppose to be made, tender and juicy. Service itself was top notch, they are friendly when you walk in, make sure you're happy with the food. Only regret that I didn't return for the 2nd time when I return to Houston for flight home.

1  Thank jake n

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

We had a great time here. It is a little place with community dinning tables and dinning for groups. The type of food is small enough to try them all.I

Reviewed 13 August 2017

Just walked in to the cashier to order food, do not need to wait to be seated. Very nice place to have different variety of buns. We have duck, new york (salmon),pork katsu, and pork belly baos in addition to fried curry cauliflower. All are very good. It is a small place and quickly and easily gets full. Be there early!

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

One of our favorite quick bite places in Houston. The curry beef bao is my favorite. Order the beignets too. Yummy! The food choices are varied. Everything stuffed into a bao is yummy. They have fish, beef, chicken, pork. So many wonderful choices. You can't go wrong.

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

I can see why foodies would love this place... it's definitely something different, with unusual and intriguing combinations, however I found the texture of Bao personally undesirable to my own pallet and the food, overall, was bland. I order all foods mild but mild should mean "no heat" - I believe that food should still have great flavor regardless of how spicy or mild it is prepared. If you have to dump siracha on everything to taste it, it's just a vessel for hot sauce! I'm glad we got to try it, but it was not for me at all.