“Neighborhood Gem”

Oriental Gardens Restaurant
Ranked #1,103 of 8,381 Restaurants in Houston
Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

Since I moved to Kingwood in 2000, this restaurant has been a favorite. The menu is extensive, and everything on it is good. It is an award-winning restaurant, and the quality has been consistent since it opened, well before I came to town. My favorite thing about it is the ambience– even though it is moderately priced, especially at lunch, it feels comfortable and kind of expensive. In the evening there are tablecloths, and cloth napkins. Even better than the food is the service, which is attentive. It's like the waiters are professionals who have an interest in the success of the restaurant.
When I was there the other day, at that awkward time between lunch and dinner, I was pleased to discover they have an early evening menu. It is not quite as cheap as lunch, nor is it quite as expensive as dinner, and all my favorites were on it. I had the sesame shrimp, and as other reviewers have noted, the shrimp was so fresh and perfectly cooked I felt like I was seaside in Galveston.

If you are in the neighborhood, and interested in Chinese food, do yourself a favor and stop by.

Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

We had a good experience in Kingwood, TX. Wanting something different on this trip so we decided to try Oriental Gardens Restaurant and glad we did. We arrived during lunch, so we ordered off the lunch menu. First, the Won-ton and egg drop soup was great. Shrimp & Scallops in black bean sauce and Sesame Chicken were also good along with the egg roll. Service was excellent and the price was reasonable. We will come back.

Reviewed 15 December 2016

This place has great Chinese food, and the service is always very attentive and friendly. I think the quality and taste of food here is above most all of the other Chinese restaurants in the area, and the service is top notch.

Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

Best Chinese food and great service. General chicken or Sesame chicken are our favorite. Atmosphere is consistent and restaurant is clean. Jim has been serving for 30 years and is the very best.

Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

I've had the House special won ton soup twice this week. It is so good! When you take it home you get a container filled with broth and another filled with won tons, chicken, shrimp, pork and vegetables. Enough for two people or two meals.