“Seriously Good Mexican Cuisine”

Sylvia's Enchilada Kitchen
Ranked #909 of 8,663 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 May 2018

Sylvia's is classically prepared, genuine Mexican food, which also offers more typical Tex-Mex dishes also. She is a afficionado of enchiladas and hence the two alternate menu choices ("North of the Border" or "South of the Border") presenting four different varieties of speciality enchiladas are truly outstanding. Each presents attractive and delicious different types of enchiladas from that region. Both are excellent choices. Also giving wonderful taste and value are the queso flameado variety appetizers and the tortilla soup. Beyond those, there are ample options for classical Tex-Mex dishes and other straightforward enchilada plates as well. This Westheimer store is Sylvia's original location and we've driven long way often to partake of these delicious dishes.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

First off the food is excellent. We went on a Sunday for lunch and the waiter talked about the buffet buffet buffet. We didn't want the buffet. We finally decided to go with the buffet for the kids. Lots easier. One of had the Mexican food and an omelette and they charged him twice. REALLY? I only come here once and a while and I was disappointed. I just wasn't comfortable like you are normally in a Mexican restaurant.

1  Thank JKKTEXAS
Reviewed 14 June 2017

I have dined here several times through the years. The food was noticeably better when Sylvia was present. I liked the spinach enchiladas, but the last few times I was there they were soggy and greasy and did not taste good at all. Sylvia was not there. So I am not going back.

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

This place is out of this world. Their rice is amazing! Service is great and margaritas are, too! Enchiladas are great and very flavorful. Would recommend this spot to everyone.

Reviewed 5 April 2017

I was there for lunch with limited time and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food and service. The enchiladas were perfect, soft and tender, no hint of overcooking or chewiness. The beans and rice were seasoned perfectly as was the salsa. We were able to get in during busy lunch time and finish up within 45 minutes. Perfect for a Tex-Mex lunch. I will be back!

1  Thank PamRoad