“Too pushy”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

First off the food is excellent. We went on a Sunday for lunch and the waiter talked about the buffet buffet buffet. We didn't want the buffet. We finally decided to go with the buffet for the kids. Lots easier. One of had the Mexican food and an omelette and they charged him twice. REALLY? I only come here once and a while and I was disappointed. I just wasn't comfortable like you are normally in a Mexican restaurant.

1  Thank JKKTEXAS

Reviewed 14 June 2017

I have dined here several times through the years. The food was noticeably better when Sylvia was present. I liked the spinach enchiladas, but the last few times I was there they were soggy and greasy and did not taste good at all. Sylvia was not there. So I am not going back.

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

This place is out of this world. Their rice is amazing! Service is great and margaritas are, too! Enchiladas are great and very flavorful. Would recommend this spot to everyone.

Reviewed 5 April 2017

I was there for lunch with limited time and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food and service. The enchiladas were perfect, soft and tender, no hint of overcooking or chewiness. The beans and rice were seasoned perfectly as was the salsa. We were able to get in during busy lunch time and finish up within 45 minutes. Perfect for a Tex-Mex lunch. I will be back!

1  Thank PamRoad
Reviewed 8 July 2016

I was disappointed as I've eaten at Sylvia's before. The beef for the fajitas we ordered were chewy, sinewy...not a good cut of meat. We ordered the 1/2lb portion and were charged for the full pound. It was unclear how much beef was brought out on the skillet, but we clearly ordered 1/2lb. The chips and salsa are very good, service was great except for the big mistake. Kinda disappointed overall.

Corelli's I, Manager at Sylvia's Enchilada Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2016

Jason- Thanks for the honest feedback. We understand how frustrating it can be when you are not satisfied with your meal. We can assure you that we serve the highest quality Tex-Mex, and we hope that you will give us another shot, and allow us the opportunity to serve you again soon!