“Still the best restaurant in Rice Village”

Prego Italian Cuisine
Ranked #69 of 8,664 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: University Place
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We have been going to Prego for over 20 years. As usual the service and the food were wonderful. My favorite is their roasted red pepper soup. We ordered the grilled tune and the soft shell crab of menu main courses and the were both wonderful. Our waiter gave us impeccable service. Another great evening at Prego.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Nice place. The service was good. The food was great. Pasta with shrimp, mushrooms, and spinach was really good in a generous Italian-size portion (two people could share it). The lobster ravioli was also delicious but the portion was really just for one person.

1  Thank efnaka
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

I was excited about trying this place but none of the food I ordered was good. The calamari was mediocre at best, didn’t have any flavor at all. The lasagna was 1 out of 5, it had hard meatballs inside. My friend ordered something good. Maybe I just got unlucky with what I ordered. The complimentary bread and the sangria were really good. I talked to the manager and he said he will talk to the chef. He offered to take my appetizer and meal out of the bill which I did not accept. He gave me a gift card, I will have to think about it twice...not sure if I want to go back.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

This is the second time I have eaten here in a year and it was outstanding again. The food is very fresh and pasta is homemade. We had a gnocchi appetizer that was delicious. I had one of the specials which was a vodka sauce with crawfish. Wife had a gnocchi with a meat sauce which was outstanding. This was an excellent meal with excellent service.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Very good place the service was great we had a excelente dinner our party was 4 people and we order all diferente antipasti salads and all and main dishes ,we loved every one
Mine was Branzino wood grilled it was very delicious
Next time in Houston will go back