“Sunday brunch buffet. Fantastic!”

Cool Runnings Jamaican Grill
Ranked #437 of 8,400 Restaurants in Houston
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

The appetizer section included fresh shrimp and a variety of fresh fruits including mango. All of it was beautiful!

The jerk chicken, curry chicken and red snapper were fabulous. So we're the plantains.

Service was efficient and elegant.

Reviewed 28 July 2017

enjoyed a real Jamaican breakfast, from cornmeal porridge to to cooked-to-order Ackee & Saltfish , with 'food'- yam , banana,dumpling, plantain etc etc. got patties and some chicken soup too, everyting was Irie !

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

First time trying Jamaican cuisine and it did not disappoint. They were so busy that it took longer than I expected for the good to come out but once I got it it was finger licking good. There was just enough spice to keep it tasteful but I could've definitely gone for more.

Not in the downtown area but close enough that the drive isn't bad.

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

I was feeling for some 'Yard' food as we Jamaicans refer to our food from Jamaica. Love this place bestest ever food from 'yard.' The chicken patty and soup was really great. I also ordered curry goat and oxtail (I'll buy it as I'm too lazy to cook it myself). You have to go and try everything it's all excellent! The beef and vegetable patty. Heh try beef patty with coco bread. Put the beef patty in between the coco bread. Then oxtail, curry goat and don't forget to try jerk chicken and stew chicken or snapper fish (fried or steamed ). You must drink a Jamaican soft drink called ting(grapefruit soda), cola champagne or ginger beer (dis is the real thing no carbonated stuff) and who la la desert sweet potato pudding. Aah now I want to go home. Enjoy

Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

Saw this on Diner's Drive Ins and Dives so my husband and I had to go! I got the small order of Ox Tails (even the small order was enough to take home-- portion sizes are very large). My husband got the shrimp curry. Both dishes were SO delicious! We live two hours away and I already can't wait to return to Houston to come back! Two thumbs up from us!