Lowest prices for your stay
US$174
US$174
Hotels.comUS$174
Agoda.comUS$174
Vio.com
All reviews rooftop pool beautiful hotel robes and slippers edamame hummus mercedes benz front desk nespresso machine nrg stadium rain shower medical center laundry room medical treatment luxury hotel lobby bar love this hotel the hotel manager hotel experience
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 September 2022 via mobile

Upon arriving at this “pet friendly “ hotel we were met with a $150 pet non refundable fee. We paid. What were we supposed to do as we are traveling from Hawaii. We own a well behaved 9 pd dog and took him out to the front to do his business. We returned to the lobby and sat down to enjoy drinks. Dog was there - no issues. The manager comes over with a form and States that they have a lot of medical patients that stay here at this hotel. Now, as a survivor and a patient of MD Anderson I know that this is an a frequented hotel for families or patients do the price range. He then proceeds to tell me that the dog needs to not be on the couch and I said I understand. Why didn’t you just asked me to take the dog off the couch or the dog is not allowed. He was rude and tried so many excuses on why the dog couldn’t be with us. First he said that he got complaints, then he said that he has medical fragile customers that stay at the hotel and then said we need to sign this form. I said why didn't your staff have us sign this at check in- $150 pet fee you would think that the pet would have just as many rights to be here the front lobby as the customer Since the room was only $50 more than the pet fee. I try not to let it damp in the moment as we were trying to enjoy your TX stay from Hawaii. But he was the manager. Where was the customer service? It could have been handled so differently. As much money as we put in. I would not recommend this hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Michael Stephens, Guest Services / Front Office at Blossom Hotel Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2022

Ms. Guerrero,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience at our property. We appreciate each guest that takes the time to let us know how we are doing, as it allows us to know where we need to improve, as well as what our guest enjoy that we can focus more on providing. We do love our furry friends that have come and do come to visit our property. While I do want to apologize about the way the message was conveyed in regards to your dog being in the lobby, since we do serve food in our lobby, pets are not allowed to remain for that reason alone. While we do have medical patients that are also sensitive to animals, we understand that based on our hotel setup you have no choice but to travel through the lobby to get to your rooms or outside; however guest staying in the lobby with their pets, outside of waiting for check-in or check-out, would not be allowed since our lobby is apart of our Food & Beverage department, same as with any restaurant you would visit in and around Houston. We will work with our team to ensure we are conveying the proper message and providing accurate education to our guests. We do hope that when your travels bring you back to Houston, you will give us the opportunity to show you a true Blossom experience!

Reviewed 21 September 2022

The hotel is beautiful and smells amazing. Lobby is welcoming with cold water available. Pool area is nice but there is no shower. Great laundry facilities available. Also a free shuttle service within a 3 mile radius. Nice touch! The rooms are very nice - comfy beds and the bathroom is awesome. You even have use of a Dyson hairdryer!!! The staff was very warm and welcoming - the frontdesk, valet and an extra thank you to Val who retrieved my kindle that I left behind. Thank you for your prompt assistance! Okay, now my ONLY complaint and why I couldn't give the Blossom 5 stars. We took an early flight and arrived at the hotel at noon. We were told our room was ready but, that we would have to pay an additional $50 if we wanted to check in before 3:00. This we found very insulting. When we asked management why there was such a rule, we were told if we did it for 1 (early checkin) we would have to do it for others or it would be perceived as discrimination. Really? We are all smart enough to know that if you are lucky enough and your room is ready when you arrive early that this is good fortune. The same way you view the request for a later checkout. It is just good customer service. Here you have a beautiful hotel with excellent service and you do that? PLEASE update your protocols , everything else is wonderful!

Date of stay: September 2022
Michael Stephens, Guest Services / Front Office at Blossom Hotel Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2022

Greetings,
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, however it is very unfortunate that the early arrival fee soured what should have been an overall great experience. It is our goal to ensure that we provide a quality experience from start to finish, we will be speaking with our team in regards to the early arrival fee, and what could have been done differently for you. We appreciate your review and helping us improve the experience we provide our guest each and every day. We look forward to welcoming you back and showing you a true Blossom experience!

Reviewed 12 September 2022 via mobile

The best customer service I have ever encountered. Remani went above and beyond for us. We had an unfortunate stay elsewhere and she made sure we were taken care of and allowed to check in early. We had never stayed here before but beyond thankful that we did! The room was immaculate and spacious. Hotel was well maintained and clean! Entire staff was happy and friendly! We will be back.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Michael Stephens, Guest Services / Front Office at Blossom Hotel Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2022

Greetings
Wow thank you for letting us know about your experience with us, and thank you for letting us know those star players that made your stay. We are so grateful that Remani was able to go above and beyond to help turn around your visit to Houston. We hope when your travels bring you back, we will be able to welcome you back!

Reviewed 12 September 2022 via mobile

The hotel has so many great qualities, it deserves a management team that lives up to the possibilities.

As usual, the good, the bad and the ugly.

THE GOOD
The hotel is very reasonably priced, close to NRG Stadium (8 minute drive), has lovely spacious rooms, and has some staff that are working their asses off for amazing results.

The staff at the valet and poor young lady handling all of breakfast by herself were troopers and always went above and beyond.

We were only there one night.

THE BAD
I booked through Booking.com because the price was 30% lower than through the hotel. Don’t like it but I understand how it can happen.

Had a friend join us so I wanted to upgrade the room to a King-King Suite. Let me be clear the room was wonderful.

I was well within the cancelation period for the Booking.com reservations and could have simply cancelled it. But I called the hotel. After spending nearly 20 minutes on the phone, I was able to get a price of $250 for the upgrade. No problem but no confirmation.

Well that sent my Booking.com reservation into a tailspin. Apparently the hotel is suppose to charge my credit card but since the hotel upgraded, they didn’t charge the card. I had to go to Booking.com five times to put in card information. Ok, not huge and easily corrected.

In coming in, the front desk just couldn’t get the room situation handled. They were overcharging me by $200 and couldn’t seem to figure it out. After we get the money situated, we were told there was a leak on the 13th floor. We wouldn’t have water probably at all. And if we did, it would be cold only.

They offered for us to leave and go find another hotel. They didn’t offer to find us one. They didn’t offer to compensate us. Just if we wanted water we should leave.

I suggested maybe a discount was in order since 1/2 of what we paid for wasn’t being provided. (Bed and bath)

They got very nervous and said that would have to be discussed with a manager. We crossed our fingers.

There was never a problem with water or hot water. Strange.

THE UGLY
We were heading to the Colts v Texans game. We inquired about a late checkout. Very generous to offer an hour and would charge $60 through 3 pm. We knew that would push us for time.

So we inquired about a 1/2 day rate. They had one and offered it to us. 1/2 of the date we paid for up to 6 pm.

Again, not a problem. Happy to do it.

But come check out at 430 I was again forced to explain and rectify over-charged room rates. First they couldn’t understand it. Then they lied about what it entailed. Then when faced with the fact that it was just wrong, they pled inability to change it.

Knowing we had to get to the airport, they exaggerated the availability of the manager so we would leave. We waited. Manager refused to come. Finally they put me on their personal cell phone (ew) to the manager. Went through the whole explanation again. Since he wasn’t looking at the same bill because he wouldn’t come out, it took even longer.

Eventually the problem was solved.

CONCLUSION
The hotel is understaffed everywhere but the front desk. And there, they have no authority to make even the simplest corrections. Some really great team members get overwhelmed and unable to provide the service they want because management doesn’t give them the tools. After seeing management in action, I can’t say I’m surprised.

Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Greetings,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience while staying with us at Blossom hotel. We appreciate the feedback provided and have been speaking with our teams on making improvements based on all the information you have provided. I wanted to let you know that this is not a typical experience for our property, and we are making changes as we speak to ensure future guests do not have the same interactions you experienced. We hope the next time you are looking to attend a game at NRG we are able to provide you with a true Blossom experience that so many guests have come to love and enjoy!

Reviewed 11 September 2022 via mobile

We originally we’re staying at different place that was absolutely terrible. I called Blossom hotel, Remani S. (Front desk) told come on in no problem we will get your room ready. This was 4am & she really saved the day and our trip.
From that point this hotel was beautiful, clean and all the staff very friendly & helpful.
We are definitely staying here again.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Hello!
I am so very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and that Remani was a huge part of that for you. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!