“Upscale setting, upscale food”

Eddie V's Prime Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Eddie V's Prime Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #61 of 8,901 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Westheimer Rd
Reviewed 31 March 2018

GET THE CRAB CAKES!!!!!

My aunt and I went here, as it is her favorite spot in Houston. Though pricey, you get what you pay for. The steak I had was, quite literally, a work of art. The crab cakes (usually a no-go for me) were absolutely fantastic.

This isn't a family restaurant, however, if you are visiting on business, or taking that special someone out, this place is a must.

The staff was fantastic, the whiskey was smooth, and the food was amazing.

Side note: I forgot my expensive sunglasses at my table. The staff had the manager lock them up and I was able to retrieve 2 days later!!! Not many places that I have been to show that kind of integrity. I give this place 2 thumbs up!

Reviewed 8 March 2018

Each time I eat here it is a wonderful experience. You have to try the crab cakes, my favorite. They are the best I have ever had. I have never had a meal that was not superb!
Now let’s talk about the wait staff. They are the best! Very attentive but not hovering. They know their menu items and specials.
Don’t forget to allow time to have a drink in the lounge and listen to the great live music.

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Took a party of 10 for a celebration dinner yesterday, Josh T took care of us-- the service and food were excellent! Will definitely be back, we had a great time. So glad he's here now service is second to none...steak wasn't bad either ;)

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

We wanted a Texas steak experience and we got exactly what we wanted! The waiter was very attentive as was the assistant GM. The gulf shrimp starter was beautifully presented and tasted just as good. Erich’s steak was perfectly cooked and the Brussel sprouts were not too soft and not too firm. The shrimp and crab salad was light and filling. The dressing did not overpower the salad flavors. We will definitely return!

Reviewed 9 February 2018

I love Eddie V's in La Jolla Ca so when I moved to Houston and found out there is an Eddie V's in Houston-I was excited to go. It was a huge disappointment. The service was so poor that it took 1.5 hours just to get our appetizers and the restaurant was not even full. This is the 2nd time I sat at the bar and both times- it was a horrible service. Took a long time to get drinks even the bar was not full and definitely not order food at the bar- I had 1.5 hours wait and the explanation by mgr was" they forgot to submit your order." Aside from the poor customer service , the food was delicious and the music (live music) was great.
Music was mediocre too and it appears that there were not so appropriate men and women which made the place a low class place with high end name.
Definitely not the Eddie V at LaJolla Ca where excellent service and class with excellent view is always what customers get.