“Great menu and people watching”
Review of Steak 48

Steak 48
Reserve with OpenTable
Steak 48 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 8,663 Restaurants in Houston
Description: At Steak 48 our menu features the best of prime steaks, fresh seafood and shellfish. We offer a variety of many interesting and unique appetizers, entrees and side dishes such as our crab & avocado stack, crispy Hasselback potato with smoked sea salt and truffle butter or Alaskan King Crab and Rock Shrimp Macaroni and Cheese to name a few. This makes Steak 48 more than a steakhouse; it’s the perfect choice for your next social or business event. Our Chef constantly sources the best quality fresh products and always chooses locally grown when available. We go to great lengths to ensure that all of our ingredients are the best they can be.
Reviewed 11 June 2018

A newish addition to the Houston dining scene, Steak 48 is very good at what they do. Quality food and service. We have had reservations on occasion as well as going early and getting bar seating. We've never had a bad experience. While all of our dishes have been very good, I lean towards the Ahi fillet and my wife likes the King Crab and Avocado Stack. Food and drinks are pricey although portions of both are hearty.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Had dinner at Steak 48 last week. After experiencing the decline in quality and service at places like Pappa’s Steak House and Brenners on the Bayou, it was nice to dine at a high end steak place that lives up to its reputation and prices. Definitely go!

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

One of the best steaks i’ve ever had, although the price was high I’ll go there again next time. The restaurant haa a nice atmosphere and is easy accsesible.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

When you pay as much as we did for this meal, the atmosphere matters. For some reason we were seated in the very far corner of the back room upstairs and were surrounded by a couple of tables with young children. The children were well behaved, but it made for a chaotic atmosphere in the dull room. We would much rather sit out in the main areas where the action and ambience is. It definitely tarnished our experience to be seated in that area. As for the food and drinks, the $16 strawberry cocktail was completely tasteless, the bottled of wine was very good for the price, the steaks and lobster came hot and cooked as ordered, the asparagus and corn were tasty, the potatoes au gratin was not very good at all, and the butter cake dessert was delicious.

Oliver B, Manager at Steak 48, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Thank you for dining with us. We appreciate the feedback. If you have an opportunity could you please contact us at guestserviceshouston@steak48.com we would like to know more about how we can deliver a better experience. Thank you for the opportunity!

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

My friend and I came here for her birthday. We both ordered the ginger peach cocktail to start. It was so delicious and they don’t skimp on the alcohol. For appetizers, we ordered a dozen oysters and the crispy shrimp deviled eggs. The deviled eggs had a really nice layered texture with the softness of the egg and filling along with the crunch of the shrimp and Parmesan crisp. They accidentally brought us the wrong appetizer so we also were able to try the fried deviled egg. It was great with the dipping sauce, but without it, the flavor didn’t really knock me out. For dinner my friend got the bone-in ribeye. I ordered the Wagyu steak (YOLO right?). For sides we ordered the mushrooms, creamed spinach, sautéed sweet corn and the truffle twice baked potato. Now this is where the meal truly shines. This restaurant knows it’s steaks. They were both fantastically cooked and of great quality. The star side was the truffle potato. I could eat that everyday all day and never get tired of it....I am drooling as I type!!!. For dessert my friend ordered the Carmel cake which was divine. It was the perfect balance of sweet and salt. My goodness this meal was heaven and I will remember this night fondly in my dreams! The staff was also very attentive, and you can tell there is a pride in what they do. Our waiter was very knowledgeable about the menu and gave great recommendations. I will definitely be back...once I pay off this meal! Lol!