All reviewstexas shapedm clubpool deckconvention centerstreet kitchenminute maid parkhigh diveshaped poolamazing poolhot tubfloor to ceiling windowsdiscovery greenroom servicebeautiful hotelpool staffcorner roomvolleyball tournament
Reviewed 13 August 2018

What an amazing place to spend a weekend! We wanted to get away for a couple of days and chose the Marriott Marquis due to the close proximity to Minute Maid park and more so because of the rooftop pool and lazy river. We are glad we chose to stay here!

My only concern with check-in was the length of time it took to reach the valet station. I believe we waited in line for about 20 minutes. Once we dropped the car off, every aspect of our stay exceeded my expectations. The room was well appointed and comfortable and the view of the pool was amazing! I was a little surprised there wasn't a binder in our room with information about the hotel and the on-site restaurants.

The pool was fun! The lazy river is a cool novelty although it was crowded with kids, which could be expected on a Saturday in the summer. We spent most of our time in the infinity pool and the hot tub. It was nice to see the staff limiting the number of kids in the hot tub.

I'd like to give a huge shout out and lots of props to Alicia, Mark and Herb in the High Dive bar near the pool. We chose to sit at the bar and eat lunch. They provided friendly conversation and provided amazing recommendations of nightlife activities nearby (Pete's Dueling Piano Bar). These three staff members really stood out and made our stay enjoyable!

We have already booked another weekend here before the end of the summer!!

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevator - lots of kids headed to the pool in the AM.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2018

As a guy who likes to bring a video game console to my hotels, I needed some assistance with a latency issue I was having between the audio and video display. After calling the front desk for assistance, a technician named Jacob promptly came to my room and provided much needed help along with information about how to avoid this issue in the future. He was eager to solve the problem and had an excellent attitude. His effort and sincerity were greatly appreciated and the issue was resolved very quickly. Great overall service! Thanks Jacob!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
TeamMarriott, Manager at Marriott Marquis Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Dear Greg G,

Thank you for the excellent comments regarding your stay at the Marriott Marquis Houston. We love hearing how much you enjoyed our devoted staff, especially Jacob. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 13 August 2018

Selwyn was exceptional at the front desk, Jasmine was hilarious and fun taking our group photo with our friends from Asia, and Nicolas worked hard ahead of time to get us a great room. Even though we live in The Woodlands there is no place we'd rather visit

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Thank chmick50 .
TeamMarriott, Manager at Marriott Marquis Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Dear chmick50,

Thank you for the excellent comments regarding your stay at the Marriott Marquis Houston. We love hearing how much you enjoyed our devoted staff, especially Jasmine, Selwyn, and Nicolas. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2018

We checked into the Marquis while my sister was visiting MD Anderson for a meeting with her oncologist. My sister lives in Minnesota and I knew that she would love the Marquis and at least the hotel would bring a smile to her face. We walked into the hotel and immediately it brightened her mood. Erika at reception even gave us a room with a view of the pool. My sister sat for hours in the chair facing the window and enjoyed the view.

I had mentioned to Erika how much that meant to us she had given us that room and my sister not being well. A few hours later, we had a knock at the door with a delivery of sparkling water, cookies and a hand written note. For Erika to take the time and to write the note means so much to both of us. We are surrounded by an amazing community right now and to know that people are willing to go out of their way to bring a smile to our faces means so much.

Even though our future trips down there aren't for the most fun of reasons, we hope to stay at the Marquis to continue to bring a smile to our face with the staff.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2018

I'm hard to impress and the Houston Marriott Marquis exceeded my expectations. First let me compliment the hotel staff on their attention to service. Wow. I've become accustomed to a lack of service pretty much everywhere so to get this level of attention from everyone I met was such a pleasant surprise. I will give a particular shout out to Amir and Alison at the Front Desk. They embodied customer service and Marriott should be very appreciative of them. The M Club was excellent. The choices for the meals were varied and delicious. Love the donuts! I got to spend some time in the pool before my conference and had too much fun. Be aware that there are only so many intertubes to go around so if the pool is busy you will either have to wait or grab an empty one when it goes by. I heard the gym was very good - but I wouldn't know! Rooms were very comfortable, well laid out and stylish. The meeting rooms were comfortable and the banquet food and service was very good. The hotel feels posh! I was very pleased with everything and am looking forward to returning another day. Exceptionally well done, Houston Marquis!

Room Tip: High floor overlooking the pool
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
TeamMarriott, Manager at Marriott Marquis Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

Dear CruiserHoo,

Thank you for the generous rating of our hotel, the Marriott Marquis Houston. We are pleased that we could provide you with a gratifying stay while you were here for a conference and that our team left an everlasting impression. It is also great to know you loved our excellent amenities, well-appointed accommodations, and the tasty treats served at our M Club. I will surely pass on your compliments to Amir and Alison, for a job well done. Thanks for being our guest, and we hope you will choose us every time your travels bring you to Houston.